Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sometimes, you just want a belly rub.

(this is Bertie, He still lives at home with Mama (my ex) )

Looking silly is the easiest way to get one too.

Only with us Hoomanz, it could get your ass kicked.

So, Why has no one gone and kicked O'boys ass for making the entire Country look silly? (Just to be clear, not talking anything other than a good old fashioned bitch slap here. I really would fight off a hoard that wanted to make this yahoo president a fucking martyr. Oh what a world of shit we would be in then, no?)

Oh, thats right, we can't touch our hired help without an election. All those secret service guys would stop us. All 200 or so of them.

Ummm, we number 300+ Million. Well, Maybe I shouldn't reach that high. There are a lot of them that are either in love with the rat bastard or being bribed by the Government in general to shut the fuck up.


The idea is nice though.


Time to break it all down. I have little to no hope at this point of anything happening. No civil action(you can read this as 'war' if you want Jenkins) of any large movement. Little to no gain in the acceleration of the economy (up or down) Really no hope that a majority will wake up in time to halt the forward progress off the cliff we are edging up to. Nope, Just a bunch of lemmings shuffling around, occasionally getting killed, or blown up or burned up, but no massive wake up call. Just this slow waddling goose march into oblivion. I feel like I am living during the fall of the Roman Empire and while it feels like its accelerating somedays, most days its just a slow creep like watching goop leak out of a sewer pipe.

Even if there were a revolution, and the constitutionalists won it, there would still be the re-education of all those "entitled" propaganda raised slaves floating out there. Throw in another 100 million that wouldn't 'get it' through the simple fact of "Change"; and you are talking one hell of a logistics issue that a young country couldn't handle all that well. It may well just tear itself apart internally before it even gets it feet wet.

Then again, economic collapse won't be any fun either. The likelihood of this event is evident, but with the international manipulation that has been going on, it may be a slow parachute fall with that sudden snap at the end. Time will tell.

BUT Lets talk about triggers.

Things that have happened, leaving out any conspiracy theory.

Ruby Ridge. Focal point of several fringe groups, leading up to,,,
Federal Building Bombing.
(and the list is much longer than that, but)
Neither event triggered any 'uprising'. Why? more specifically, Why NOT?

Media. First and foremost, the media controls the minds of a huge swath of the American public. Whatever the spin is, the pools swallow it without question.

Laziness. Yes, the Americans are living up to the 'myth' of laziness. Most just don't want to get out of that Comfort Zone they have built up for themselves (on multiple credit cards and revolving mortgages) Even if they do get angry about current events.

FEAR. Even those of us awake are guilty of this one. We call it all kinds of things. Suicide by cop for one. We excuse it away in many different ways but it all boils down to that basest of emotion. Fear. We are mad, we hate the way things are, but we haven't been pushed into the corner yet. Our Fight mode is not being triggered yet. We have no where to Flee to either. Yet our 'day to day' isn't that bad, even though we can see the tiger coming down the trail. Admit it, even on your worst day, you aren't feeling cornered (not by the government anyway, maybe your circumstances, but not the government directly. And it is designed to feel like that.)

SO what am I advocating here? Hell, I don't know. Right now, I just wonder if there is a chance in hell that this will get straightened out before it comes around to my granddaughter. I would like to hope so but you know my take on hope. Hope never got anyone out of foxhole alive. But to make the jump on a personal basis is to pull a Stack. That isn't fear talking, that is just plain simple logic. Really buck the system and it WILL kill you.

What I do intend to do is live as I need to until such time as my skills are needed elsewhere. I intend to raise my granddaughter in a way that keeps the claws of the system out of her mind. My daughter is all for this and is already starting while I build my gulch for them to join me at. I would hope that she doesn't have to deal with this as an adult but I am a realist. The chance of this not reaching that Apex until long after I am gone is a very real possibility.(sorry for the split infinitive there, it was necessary.)

All I can do is prepare now, and prepare her, just in case.
Somedays, All I want is a belly rub. Today would be perfect. (and it ain't gonna happen)


ADDENDUM: I didn't get my belly rubbed, but I did get a little tickle. Back in a better mood tomorrow.

5 comments:

Mayberry said...

We just need to take over Texas, kick the Kalifornistanis out of Austin, and secede...

Anonymous said...

Now THAT sounds like a plan I can get behind.

My apologies for a Downer post, extenuating circumstances outside of my control got to me today. We'll leave it at that for now.

James/Dio

Spud said...

Ain't nuthin to be happy bout Deo.

Still...I'm working

You're still working

Least there's still that

Prep on !

Adventures in Self Reliance said...

I don't consider myself brave. I know I can't change things. Hell in my own family I got sheep that will not take responsibility and protect themselves. If I can't convince them who can I convince. I would give my life for my country. I won't give my life for morons that want it easy and things to go back the way they were so the can have toys.
Life has changed, you move with the flow or you get smashed on the rocks.

Diogenes said...

"Life has changed, you move with the flow or you get smashed on the rocks."

In my unit in the Corps, we had a saying. "Improvise, adapt and overcome".
That has been the guiding rule of my life since my inception and will be the one rule that carries me through whatever comes our way. Another rule that may or may not be needed is direct from Heinlein: "Be prepared to leave your baggage behind." That baggage may even be upright and breathing but if you can't show them the reason to "Go", even blood may not be thick enough to hold.