Wednesday, June 8, 2011

GM and the further adventures of a cheap ass.

yah yah, I know, GM sucks. At least now it does. Back in my heyday, it was actually a vehicle to own, to some extent. There was always rivalry between the GM owners (within ranks) Ford owners, Dodge owners, yadayadayadahey. GOoood times for all, with lots of smokin' tires and copious amounts of octanes being uselessly burned for fun. All in fun and games and teenage stupidity. Gotta learn your lessons somehow and I know we all learned a lot about making things go when they should have fell apart.

The only difference between teens of yore and now is the manufacturer. It will either be honda or Some offbrand PC that is overclocked and running a water cooled CPU. Guess I am showing my age as I find it interesting but kinda bland. Not enough smoke and flaming exhausts.(and yes, I know I mentioned two completely different objects there. )

Still, I am a cheap ass MF. I hate to spend money on things when they can be had in other forms cheaper and better.

Here is what my latest $500 Obammy bucks purchased.




Yup, GMC and here's the good part about it. GM got their money for LONG before they got stupid and blew it all. They received NOTHING out of my pocket for this purchase. They will receive nothing in the future either as I won't by GM parts. There are plenty of aftermarket parts available for this beast without resorting to GOVERNMENT-SHILL MOTORS for it.

I couldn't pass up the deal. I saw under all the dirt what a gem she was and the price was just right. As it is, this monster rides better than my Dads Dakota, has a larger engine, and still has the room I want inside for Roadtrippin (like to Texas to meet up with long lost never met friends later this year) I measured out the cargo rack and its just the right size for my 60watt solar panel so I could have electric with me without straining the alternator or starting battery. I may have to look into a trailer for the remainder of my stuff if I decide the road life is for me. Not likely though it is a thought to ponder.
Win Win all the way around.

And GM received not one thin dime this time around.

6 comments:

Mayberry said...

Hell of a deal! 4.3 liter? That's a damn good engine, a 350 with 2 cylinders lopped off. Had a '92 S-10 4x4 years ago with a 4.3, it was a damn good little truck. Hauled a medium size cruising motorcycle (650 I think) in the bed and towed a 16' boat from Norfolk to Pascagoula way back when, and got 21 MPG all the way. That with a 3 inch lift and 31x10.50 mud tires. I miss that little truck...

Diogenes said...

Yuppers. The Venerable 350 with a circumcision, LOL. I had an Astro AWD that had one in it and that truck would haul my entire PA (Desk and all) to Michigan every month for shows. Dropped the Clutch fan for an electric one and the milage went up to 25mpg.
My dumb ass sold it when I bought my house 'cause it's too big' (thanks for that one ex,grrrr)

This one is going to stay trimmed as is for now. Later though Muahhahahahaha! let the mad mechanic at her,,,,,,

Anonymous said...

Got rid of the truck? Shit! Better plan on stayin here at least one night on your way into Texas. Promise?

Diogenes said...

Didn't get rid of nuttin. Still have the ol' mule 'Ellen' . Had intended the 4.3 in the jimmy for her. After getting it home though, that plan changed a tad. As for staying for a couple of days; that was part of the plans. I have driben through Texas before, so I know "t'aint nuttin close".

Anonymous said...

I'll make sure you get treated well. You can stay in either the cabin (which you'll love) or the big house. Your choice. :)

Anonymous said...

We'll feast on Catfish, too!