Tuesday, October 27, 2009

day at home.

Boss is in court today trying to get some nasty people out of one of his apartments. (and by nasty I mean NASTY, bedbug nasty kind of people. Ick!) So we are 'taking the day off'. HA! Like Diogenes ever just sits around.(well sometimes but pretty frikin rare)
Started off the day by putting new shoes on the beastie. Now have a parking brake again. Kinda let that one slide while I was messing with the axles and what not. Was really starting to weigh on my mind though.

So I ended up doing some sitting in front of the PC and messing with VLC and my clips from the range. Using slow motion I was able to diagnose an issue that I wasn't aware of while shooting the 'Dragunov'. A flinch. Nothing to be ashamed of, I know. It is something that I want to correct though. Now I think this one is because I am adjusting to having 1) A scope and 2) that funky eye relief cover on the scope. I have read that others have had issues adjusting to this style of scope and while watching in the slow motion you can see me flinch right as the eye cover hits my face. Its not like this piece can do any harm but getting anything right in the eye socket will make people flinch. I may have to video myself more if only to record my shooting so that I can fix little issues like this. Another tool to use to better myself. (guess I am gonna have to get over being camera shy eh?) It was interesting to note how little the rifle actually rises in recoil though. Much faster recoveries are possible with recoil that manageable. Way cool.

No comments: