Monday, October 26, 2009

You grab the work where you can get it.

That seems to be the theme of my life. Guess that's one of the reasons I have so many skill sets. Well that and the fact that I am the eternal student, constantly trying to learn something new in life.

Today was framing.

Tomorrow is some demolition and duct work.

Still viewing R.V.'s and Campers. Won't be long now in the grand scheme of things.

Little new in the political world that isn't already up in arms at this point. I see internal conflicts growing on the hill that encourage me. Palin is opening up the gates on a sea of independents with her open backing of an indy in Upstate New York. Things come 2010 election cycle could be rather interesting to say the least. Heck, I would rather a congress and senate so full of parties that nothing gets accomplished than the mess we are witnessing now. Things should move slow when it comes to the lives of 300+ million people(especially when the decision today reflects upon even more in the future.) IF we can fill the seats with 5 or 6 broad parties we would have to re-examine the infrastructure of things like majority and minority seats, yet that could be a good thing. I think it would more correctly represent the divisions that I am seeing within the country. Having a Hockey mom in the presidential seat would also more correctly represent the country too(my opinion and fully capable of being shot down in flames I know.) To date within my life I haven't really seen ONE person in that position that represents AMERICAN LIFE on average. Reagan was the closest in his values but even he was not so middle classed as the majority of the rest of the nation. The current head of state may be from a simple background but he sure didn't stay there NOR does he seem to remember his roots that much. Look at how he is absorbing taxpayer money for living expenses and jerking around more than actually doing his job. (how many games of golf has he played since taking office? Yet we still are waiting on word of what to do in Afghanistan?)
I think I am going to leave it at that for now before I start going down a road that only keeps me up all night.

Different note though, Caleb (whom I will meet one of these days, among others) had a little incident with some Starbucks. Glad to hear that the worst of it was some spilled coffee. Made me do some thinking about work environments more though. Guess My little .22 should be enough in a pinch but You can bet that I will carry more than one mag for it "just in case".

No comments: