Saturday, October 3, 2009

Update on Sept 12th post

I made the comment that my little truck could pull a house in that post.

She has.

Monday of this week we had a Demolition of a two car garage. Stucturally the garage was fine other than roofing issues that deemed it unsafe by the local .GOV agencies that condemned it to gaining a horizontal stature.

We went around using Saw-z-all's and Sledge hammers to weaken the base of the garage then afixed a tow line to various points internally out to the tow hitch of my little truck. First pull dragged the garage 5 feet before the mount point in the garage broke loose. I don't know who installed the Hitch on my truck but they weren't messing around one little bit. This thing is a piece of angle Iron 4" a side welded to the frame of the truck. It sits in a bracket made of 1/4" steel that is bolted into the frame using 10(!) 9.8 type bolts and welded in place. The bumper looks like ass with all of the rust on it but that hitch isn't even remotely in use by the bumper. LOL I was more worried about cracking the frame of the truck than losing the hitch.

Long story short. I used my little truck to pull down a house. And I never used the low gears to do it. If I had I may have been able to pull that thing to the street. lol.

No comments: