Thursday, October 22, 2009

Range trip.

Went again today to the range to finish what I started yesterday. LOL When I get there I realize that my camera is still attached to the PC from uploading Pix. So no pictures for you today.

I did get the final Sight in done on the 'Dragunov' and am quite pleased with the results of that. I won't say I was hitting any clover leafs at 100yds but I did shoot out the center of the target with only 10 rounds. That pretty much means that I am going to hit what I am shooting at. So long as the calibration of the scope is spot on, I would be comfortable going longer ranges with this rifle. Unfortunately I haven't any long range courses nearby available to me to use. Laters I will but till then I know that if I need it this rifle will do the job.

I also took the Marlin 60 with me to set the scope on that one. If you have never shot a .22 semi-auto rifle, You should. These things are fun to shoot, cheap to feed, and did I mention fun? The scope I put on it came from my Air rifle that I have that I never use that much. Its great for running off vermin in the neighborhood but I wouldn't want to bet my life on it. Its a damned fine gun for squirrel but slow follow up as its a break barrel model. The .22 in comparison seems closer to full auto in follow up. As fast as you pull the trigger is as fast as the rounds leave the barrel. I sighted in at 25yds for the .22 and in one magazine had shot the center out of the target completely. I was able to stick my thumb through the hole left behind. Way more fun than I should have been allowed to have on a Thursday morning by myself. LOL Squirrels be warned, I's packin heat!

One thing I do on a daily basis is listen to talk radio. On the way to the range I was listening to Glenn Beck and on the way home Limbaugh.
The level of fascism continues to grow it seems. The last couple of weeks I have been laying off the talk radio as I was starting to get more than a little depressed at the shape of things. The stuff they were talking about is stuff that while it Doesn't concern me directly the implications down the road scare the living hell out of me. I don't want to fight in a war but the way things are looking that seems the only way that we are going to get out of this mess. Bill Whittle of 3XE had the idea, instead of bailing out all of the companies and enacting more legislation why not as a nation pay each of the members of the DC group $1 million to Just Resign. No questions, or pursuit of legal issues: Just go away. Then we hold our own elections for new faces. Nice pipe dream but I don't ever see it happening. The fact that we could get a fresh start for less than a billion dollars would be nice but we are too deep into it now. They started this mess and the whole party has to play the tune until its finished. I only hope we are still around to witness the resurrection of America.

No comments: