Thursday, October 29, 2009

An Exercise in Futility.

Arguing with Liberals is like herding cats, counting sandgrains, or teaching pigs to sing. Frustrating is only the icing on that cake.

I am refering to a fisk that I did today on IrateNation. 'Liberal and Proud of it" went off the handle again last night and I spent half of the day while working thinking about it. When I came home I ripped into his post and while not scathing I did get a little hostile by my standards. I really shouldn't let stupidity get to me the way it does. Maybe its the fact that I see so many that are so willing to give their lives to the Nanny State without a whimper. So many potentially good people being swallowed up in this mess and not one TRIED to make it on their own principles.

I see the stories of Ayn Rand coming to life in front of my eyes. While we aren't so bad as George Orwell predicted I think that is more a matter of self-preventing prophecy. Tell it so horrible that no one wants to even toe that pathway. Still in many ways we aren't that far from that future if people continue ignoring the basic Premises of Freedom and Liberty. I expand upon these things as much as possible to as many will give me an ear(to the point of my daughter being sick of hearing it some days.)(though she has made poppa proud by quoting me on occasion :-D) To say the least, in a liberal town, I have few friends. No regrets about it as I don't need friends like that when the SHTF. Far too many are going to be clamoring for escape from the mess they voted for. Elections have consequences as they say. We are starting to see the cumulative effects of several elections coming to fruition.

Work seems to be coming back on line some, will know more here in the next day or two. If Not then I will be searching starting monday which means fewer posts unless I get a Support position where I will be online. Haven't been to many of those posting though, will see.

Addendum: Seems I am not the only one. http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/09/10/26/commentary.html

No comments: