Friday, October 16, 2009

It's official.

My boss just asked me over to talk. Things really are hurting him right now. Banks not loaning money etc. He isn't broke but he is hurting and so we as a group are taking a backseat while things stabilize. I will be able to get a few days here and there but not what I was. While this is disappointing its not a surprise. I saw the writing on the wall a few weeks ago and then had is mildly confirmed by my landlord(his partner) a couple of days ago. Full confirmation tonight to say the least.

So where does this leave Diogenes?

I have thought about getting a parttime job at a local car parts place but that would remove me from the roles of the unemployed. Not that I would mind coming off the roles but,, Well maybe its time to stop scamming the .Gov and actually work for my money. It would have been nice to keep the train rolling long enough to get an RV out of the fun but I am a realist when it comes to getting by. I will figure something out.

Still looking for that special deal when it comes to an RV/Camper. I don't need much. Somewhere to get out of the weather to cook/crap and snooze. Other than that I wouldn't mind being outside as much as possible. Heck, if I do find something I will probably only be moving it about 300 miles and then parking it for a couple of years while I build my house. Park it on a pad and build a little deck next to it so that I can sit outside and read or plink the squirrels. LOL It wouldn't be that much different than where I am now except for lower crime rates and fewer people to deal with. (those go pretty much hand in hand don't they?) I would have my tools on the truck same as I do now so work wouldn't be an issue As long as the RV/Camper is set up in a permanent position I should be able to get an address listed for the property.

Lots more research in my future I see. Funny how I stay flexible enough that even little things like this don't get me down. So plans need to change enough to extend my time in this armpit of a town. Oh well. I have been here for the last 17 years, one more isn't going to kill me. Even if I don't get an RV, I am always ready to roll if the conditions call for it.

No comments: