Thursday, October 15, 2009

Going 4X4 Part 1.3

Well after a 5 hour endeavor with Dan and lots of greasy fingers and cursing(I think that the cars like verbal abuse LOL) I now have the Tahoe axles in place. I still have some detail stuff to take care of, like hooking up the P-brake lines and some wiring that needs repaired but currently the S-10 is up and running and I have engaged the 4X4 package to insure that things are working properly.


Next up is either an RV or Tow Camper.

Looking but I don't have the funds yet so I don't see that happening anytime soon. My boss is running low on funds and hours are getting cut.(yet one more way the 'stimulus' is stimulating me.) I am the only person getting hours at this moment due to my transportation status and the fact that I provide my own tools. ON THAT NOTE: I am noting parallels to Ayn Rands book "Atlas shrugged". Many people in the service industry just not caring that much anymore. Attitudes and pessimism abound. People aren't giving like they would if the returns were better. There isn't any one thing I can really put my finger on to illustrate this but I feel it daily. Every once in awhile you run across a shining star that hasn't been infected with the poison yet and your day is lit up for a short time. Yet for the most part there is a growing illness in this country. Like guys expecting work but not investing in the tools to do the job. Or working at such a pace to draw out the work indefinitely instead of doing a bangup job and getting kudos for it towards the next piece of work. Even I have noted that this poison is affecting me in some ways. I have the hardest time working with anyone from this area anymore. My boss has gone out of his way to give me solo projects because I hammer them out quick with minimal fuss(usually over materials but thats another story.) and he knows that the work is done right. I have been bouncing around to his many different properties doing maintenance stuff and security improvements because he knows that I won't dicker with the tenants and the job is done when I am packing up my tools, not dragged out to the next day. In some ways this is a positive since I know that he will keep coming back to me with work. In others though it hurts me since I am getting things done so timely that I am not getting a full week out of what he has. I guess its better to have some work and struggle than no work and begging.

Can't wait to get that trailer and get out of this dying town.

Itching to get to a range too. It has been a few weeks since I shot something.

No comments: