Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gun show.

Either we are starting to see (finally) people calming down from the Presidential elections OR people are really hurting for money. BG Gun show in Sharonville today was REALLY slow for a gun show today. I did note that ammo, reloading supplies, and various high demand weapons are starting to become readily available again. I went today to sell Trisha, my Russian blond in 7.62X54r. I didn't sell her but I managed to get a different deal made. I received a lot of attention but no one was biting at the price I was asking. I had all of the original parts with her(other than the bolt even though that was only modified) along with a couple of accessories. There were a couple of College kids there that were looking for a Mosin and I was really looking to unload a rifle I haven't any need for. They had a mid 70's Marlin 60 that they were trying to sell. Neither of us were going to get our asking price it seemed and we just did an even swap across the board.

Now I don't need a .22LR semi-auto anymore than I need a Mosin Nagant. The logic I had while doing the deal was this: .22LR is cheap as hell to feed, I can get in more trigger time with .22 even if I am not shooting my 'big guns', and we all know that quality trigger time equates to better shooting no matter the bore. That and I am lazy and don't want to deal with a bolt action all the time. LOL.

So here is the new addition.

I took it out in a field near the river just to check it over real quick. (didn't feel up to a range trip. Damned colds) 20 rounds without a hitch. The last 10 in rapid fire mode and not one hiccup. When I go to the range I will check accuracy but from what I can tell she is spot on at 25 yards.

Here is the other addition I mentioned in a former post. This Pistol is just plain fun as hell to shoot. These are cheap to say the least. The 5" barrel in the pick comes with the extended mag and that only runs $25 for the 'kit'. The regular magazines are $11/each but it does come with one.
Again; quality trigger time on the cheap. 100 rounds of .22LR is running about $6-7 right now and I can find the 'value packs' of 550 for about $20. Don't know about you but that's some cheap shooting.(considering I shoot cheap milsurp stuff the rest of the time, LOL I am such a scrooge)

The Dragunov will be paid off soon. I had been hoping to sell Trisha to make a payment on the Dragunov but to no avail. No one wanted a 72Y.O. bolt action Com Bloc weapon. Well someone did but they were in the same boat as me. I received something I can use and they now have what they were looking for. Guess it worked out for both parties.

Oh side note same subject. Online I can find 880 rnd cases of the 54r for about $225. One of the vendors up there had several cases of the hungarian liteball(147gr) for $165. That's a hella deal on that ammo (now). AK ammo (7.62X39) is still up there but not nearly as bad as the AR stuff.

No comments: