Monday, June 7, 2010

A little update to that last post.

Billy Beck links to a news article with some good news.




I had heard that Kevin Costner and his brother had a ship or two that were using Centrifugal force to separate the oil and water that they 'loaned' BP as an experiment to test the validity of their invention. One blurb on Drudge a few weeks ago and not one word elseways since.

Did a bit of digging since I wrote that last. Here is the link. Hey, I really don't like the guys movies but what he is doing is sure a hell of lot better than the other Hollyweird yahoos ('cough' Sean Penn 'cough')


Still, Has anyone noticed how fuel prices are 'stable' or even in some areas, shrinking a tad? Since the Horizon blew in April, the cost for a gallon of gas around here has fallen about 20 cents. I at first equated it to the fuel companies prepping the populace for Memorial Day weekend. Now, I am thinking something even more insidious: I don't follow what OPEC or the markets are doing for Crude but it seems to me that there is something more going on under the surface there. Then again, Maybe my foil hat is tighter than normal. I'll stand by waiting to be shot down on that one.

7 comments:

Sixbears said...

If I'd have to guess about the price drop, I'd say the economy is even worse than they let on. I know a lot of people who no longer commute to work.

chinasyndrome said...

Dio,crude is down I think around $ 75 at lunch yet gas is actually up a bit in Indy? $1.48 last week $1.69 this week. I have kind of give on trying to figure out there game.Except it won't be in our best interest.Keep calling em on it Bro.

China
III

Diogenes said...

I try to call it as best I can see it. Are you sure about those numbers China? Seems to me that I may need to slip over to indy if i could save a buck a gallon when filling my 25 gallon tank. would make the drive worth it. Hell, at those prices, I would have to load up a 100 gallon tank in the bed of the truck.

Yup Sixbears, the economy is worsening. That may be it since not as many are speculating on things as easily. Like China said though, whatever is in the cards, it won't be to our benefit.

Anonymous said...

I just figured the oil companies knew they are in the spotlight with BP spill and are attempting to make us forget about it with low gas prices. Usually, an oil exec finds a pimple on their butt and prices spikes. Close down ONE oil well and prices spikes. Lose and oil well indefinitely (not to mention the whole rig sinking, billions of dollars) and the prices goes DOWN?

Hmmm.

Diogenes said...

Anon: Bingo. That is exactly why my ears perked up lately.

chinasyndrome said...

Oh damn yeah I was very tired last night $2.48 now $2.69.

China
III

Diogenes said...

China: LOL I thought that seemed a bit on the low side. I blame it on wishful thinking(on both of our parts. )