Saturday, June 19, 2010

LMAO

I am not sure if its a good or a bad thing at this stage.

Time to pose a question to all of you out there in the webs.

Is it a bad thing when EVERYTHING you own can fit in the bed of a covered Chevy S10? Including the Aluminum Truck box full of tools and the the roadcase of car tools? Even my mattress is in there. The only thing not in the truck at this point is this laptop, my sleeping bag and one small bag of tools that I kept out 'just in case' I need to do any repairs here during clean up. AND the Passenger seat is clear for the computer bag and BOB.

To make this even more surreal, I feel like I have far too much crap now. Obviously the heavy tools are already in place or this trip wouldn't be happening with just one vehicle. Still, there is a high likelihood that I could do it with one truck and a small(4'X6') trailer with room to spare. About the only thing that isn't going IN the truck is my 10 speed. I have a bike carrier for that. Gonna look pretty funny hanging on the back of the S10 and I could care less. Galt's Gulch baby, I am on my way.

(Confession: I did get rid of some furniture that I decided could easily be replaced IE: Desk and a tall dresser.)

5 comments:

Wyn Boniface said...

I had a friend who liked the fact that pretty much everything he had could fit in two duffel bags. Compact and light is good in my opinion. I am always trimming things down.

Mayberry said...

Ahhh, those were the good ol' days. Actually, my stuff will fit in my truck and my pop up camper. It's the wife and kids' crap that would fill up a moving van. See ya in the Gulch...

chinasyndrome said...

Dio,I would sat it's a great thing.Best of luck Bro on the move.

China
III

Shy Wolf said...

How well I remember the days when everything I owned would fit in the pack on my back or on my person.
Ahhh, the 'good old days'!
Having only one pickup load and a small trailer is good- but cut it down more if you can. Travel light, travel fast.
Shy III

Diogenes said...

Thanks all. I was saying exactly the same thing to myself, Shy, Once I had everything out of the truck here, I was thinking, " I need to get rid of this, this, that,,,," Sadly, or not so much, most of what I own are tools. And the biggest of those tools are machining tools that can make the other tools, equipment we may need in the Gulch. Hard to pare down much more other than the silly stuff like too many clothes or extra boots.(of course there is the ammo but I figure it as an expendable and you can never have too much of that)