Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Offline a couple of days.

And so the Job hunt in my new local begins in ernest. I have been on site for about 12 hours now and while I haven't actually began the search, I have been busy. I helped my dad and uncle in the garden for a couple of hours(one of several gardens actually) This one is located in near a river and the earth is very loamy and quite dark. There are 19 rows of Potatoes, about 6 rows of onions(vandalias I believe) and I lost track of the rows of beans. There are other veggies there too but I completely lost track of What other than some rows of corn. Still, the area is about 75 yards long and almost square. Made for a good day. Shower time then sacking out. Its going to be a long day tomorrow.

I am here for a few more days. All of my post will be done with notepad and quick post method. I don't have a full time internet connection therefore, sporadic posts until I get back north. I probably won't be making any political climate commentary until then either. No way of getting to the news outlets I prefer and trust so What I will be gleaning will be skewwed for 'public consumption'. Still, should be interesting to see the opposite side for a few days(though it will not change my mind one bit. I am too awake to the mess.)

ONe thing that I have noted though. This will be the first time that I have actually watched TV in about 2 years. I (kinda) watched some tripe called "America's got talent" with my dad this evening.

WTF!! First off, Dragon Lady Sharon Osbourne herself is there, as is Howie Mandel(sp?) and some other guy I haven't a clue the name of(goes to show how much I really pay attention to the boobtube eh?) This is what counts for entertainment now? Gah, Bread and Circuses. Simply put, its opium for simple minds. Maybe there is talent in this country but I don't see a need to apply that much time and energy to it on a national scale. ONLY that is the intent to keep the masses numbed to TRUE REALITY isn't it?

Least to say, after about 10 minutes of that tripe, I went out to the front porch and had a form of entertainment that I truly miss. Sunset, Fireflies, treefrogs, and crickets. Thats true entertainment. What a way to call it a night.

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

If you liked that, you should try "dancing with the stars". I'll meet ya on the porch with a couple cold ones...

Diogenes said...

ROFLMAO Splittin a gut laughing with that one.