Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lost in space.(and time in a sense)

I am going to post sporadicly at best for awhile. I hope no one takes offense if I don't respond to comments, I am not able to come back and check until the next post.

I am seriously out of the loop here. I won't lie, it worries me . When I stopped in yesterday, I had about 15 minutes with which to cruise through the blogs, check my mail, and check in with Drudge. With the speed that things move in this world now, I KNOW, I am going to miss something important. Luckily, I do have some ways of getting feelers out; they aren't all that easy to access and they would be a last ditch effort as I don't want to draw attention to them unless necessary. I think not having a live feed of market tickers worries me the most. I am not an investor, the tickers give me a feel for the level of believability within the news I do get,

What I saw worried me some. Napolitano wanting tighter scrutiny of the webs was the thing that came to the forefront for me. That goes hand in hand with O'boy getting a kill switch to the net. While they may want to use that heightened 'scrutiny' to babysit 'wanna be terrorists', you and I both know that it will be used to further 'keep an eye on' disgruntled citizens. These “war on” whatevers would have made Jefferson and Franklin openly retch. (I am not so sure about Washington since he did the whole whiskey thing and started the Whiskey Rebellion. Unintended Consequences right at the start of the nation.)

You reach a point where you just can't care anymore what they do. They can enact all of the laws in their wildest dreams of complete control and all they ultimately will be able to do is whine at how little we pay attention to them. They can seen all the thugs, raise the Taxes on compliance but ultimately, we, as a people, give them that power. We can take it away as easily as a grandparent ignores a grandchild that is being a brat. The more of us that ignore the brats, the less power they have. I think I am seeing signs of that coming about. Maybe its only a change in environment, maybe its a combination of that and lack of 'news' through the nets. I know the local news I have seen is remarkably silent with regards to 'politics'. Either way, it needs to happen. TPTB have to feel threatened enough to up the ante or we are never going to see an end to the growth of this madness.

One thing locally, I have noticed; The freedoms here are much higher than up north, simply due to the fact that people don't rely on the .Gov to take care of 'basics' . Hell, they would (and have) retaliate with force if the gov decided to step in 'for their own good'.(lets refer to the term Ridgerunner. It started during the Civil War but came of age during Prohibition and after. 'Revenooers' is still a dirty word around here. Only now, they aren't after the stills so much but the greener crops.)

Personal update. New phone on the way(the one I have, I have to go into the next town to be able to use) and this one will have a 3megapixel camera on it. WOOT! Now I can show off the gardens I have been sweating in. I can also update on the progress of my house(which I haven't even started groundbreaking on, Soon, oh so soon.) I am going to try and post one or two posts from the phone, just to see if its 1) easily done and 2) worth the effort if not. I hate getting something even more high tech than the simple phone I have now but I am a info-junkie. When it comes to internet access, not having that full time connection really blows. I can walk away from it if there is a need (like moving here, or the entire system gets nailed with a solar induced EMP) but if I can get around said issues, I want my information sources. Call me spoiled.:)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

By the north do you mean the north east or mid west?

Diogenes said...

The midwest. Cincinnati specifically. I am on the edge of TN and KY and the southern influence is pretty strong in these hills.