Friday, June 4, 2010

Where we are.

Seems that there is a lot of unease running the gamut of my daily reads. I won't hit on any one in particular. There is a general feeling of dissent that is growing and a lot of us that are prepping are feeling it deep in our souls. There is reason for that and there are ways around it. Some choose self medication or inebriation. Some choose other routes. I try to write it out of my system. None of these things we do changes one whit of the truth. They only allow us to vent pressures building up inside.

Things are getting worse. There are signs that the "rcovery" is actually built up with bogus numbers from the Census Bureau. Insiders are showing that there are people being hired and fired and re-hired and only the hirings are listed to the agency that is listing the 'growth'. I guess that is the Chicago way. Of course its all a way to spin it for those that refuse to look any deeper than the icing on the cake. Its amazing how much sawdust and plaster is hiding under that icing. What makes it worse, the ones that are laying that icing in place are rank amateurs at it and yet the media helps spin so that the sheep can easily swallow it up.

We fail by degrees. That failure is becoming exponential. Until things get to a point where the just below average and just above average person is feeling hunger pangs or having to bundle in 15 blankets at night to stay warm, we aren't going to see any change in the road. People are VERY much like that hypothetical frog. The temperature rises and they continue swimming around the pot: lalala-lala, good to be the frog. Even so, I wonder if watching their kids starving to death will be enough to wake them up. I look at the pictures from Nazi Germany and the Gulags in Mother Russia and see the looks in those that didn't make it out. Resignation to the events of the day. Surrender to the 'inevitable'. The bullet is easier to swallow when you have given up on yourself and your family.
I would say that they had given up on their ideas too but then, the ideology of " it can't happen here" is what has allowed our system to wither away to the stinking mess of poison it has become.


Economic collapse is just around the corner. Not just for our country but for the world. Literally every country worth more than a bushel of beans has affixed its currency on the dollar. When we start seeing signs of the IMF attempting to find some other currency as a base, we are on that slippery slope to collapse of a world wide nature. What was seen during the Great Depression will be repeated and those that aren't prepared to get some calluses and blisters are going to waste away and die.

And thats the good news. That means that those that have sucked up the efforts of those that just want to be left alone will be the ones that start making the trouble when that Gravy Train starts to fall off the tracks. That will be the kick off for the Fort Sumter we are waiting for.

Its the waiting that kills the spirit. I know this. Its not about weakness, its waiting for the right moment. Maybe our moment has passed, but we may never know unless we wait for the right conditions. How many hunters have passed up a good shot, waiting for the KNOWN KILL Shot. Its a similar situation.

When things start rolling, we will see the leaders arise. The real question is, will they be Stalin's and Ho Chi Minh's, or will they be Washington's and Jefferson's? Its up to us tom make sure they are the latter.

7 comments:

Bill Nye said...

Dio,

BINGO!!!!

Diogenes said...

I was going to leave comment on your site and realized I had a post in said comment.

There was more but I just couldn't keep going without going into funk over it myself.

Shit sucks right now and its only going to get worse before things can start improving. I feel for the likes of Mayberry, where his livelihood may depend on the activities going on in the Gulf right now. I know I am not looking forward to the backlash of that mess. It is going to be much more than nationwide.

Mayberry said...

Well said. As for me, I'll be fine. We survived the Ixtoc spill in '79, we'll get through this one too. But it won't be pretty...

chinasyndrome said...

Dio,that sez about all there is to say.Good post.

China
III

Diogenes said...

Thanks for the good comments guys. Every once in awhile we all need a pat on the back.

Grumpyunk said...

I keep on hoping that what you say is wrong but knowing that it's not. Trying to get it together a little bit each day.

Diogenes said...

Believe me Grumpyunk, I wish I were wrong too. I am sure we all feel that way.

I would like to go on living as if there weren't anything going south, but my eyes are opened and I can't go back to sleep. Nor would I want to now since I have a pretty deeply seated sense of survival. As it should be.