Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What I heard on the radio

from the depths of the media came word that the Oil spill may be leaking until Christmas.

A mad Taxi Driver(a high paying position in England) went on a rampage in Sarah Brady Paradise with (Shock and awe in my voice) a Gun!!! (Tam has an excellent breakdown on it and does much better than I could.)

Looks like the U.S. may be looking for that third front to fight on to 'revive' the economy. "Everybody" knows that a war is good for the economy, right? Maybe in a Keynesian world, and we all know where that has managed to get us. (see below next paragraph for more on that)

Israel is taking heat from everywhere (but then, whats new there.) My personal take on it; They did what we would have done under the same circumstances. There really isn't anything for me to think about on that note other than we will see more strife and crap arising in the near future in that area. There is only so much that a people will take before they push back.(and who knows which side will push first)

Nothing has changed much on the Job scene. There was a "positive" note today that the job cuts for last month weren't as bad as predicted: 35 thousand unlike the 38 thousand predicted. I about blew my coffee when I heard that one. LMAO. Then look at this map and think about what it means in the long run. Just where is that money coming from?

On the local front. Cincinnati is still trying to figure out how to kick the can down the road to next year(and the new set of mayors to deal with). That can is a 40+ million dollar deficit. Of course, they are talking of cutting public services, not the jobs of those that managed to create that deficit. And they are talking about adding another 20 million to it by borrowing for a lite rail system. (one that will connect most of the major cities in Ohio. Just what we need; more riff-raff coming here from Cleveland on cheap transportation.)

I am glad I have made my decision to make the move out of here. I am biting the bullet as I am not really ready there. I figure in this case I need to bite the bullet and just do it. I am not going to have all of the resources I have available to me here but where I lack there, I make up for it in other ways with interest. One of the biggest parts of that will be peace of mind. Knowing that I don't have to worry so diligently about collapse will make a huge difference in my attitude. Having family around that are used to having to 'fend for themselves' unlike the "entitled" living around me now, is a big plus. Even when things go south, that area will feel it much less than where I am now. My biggest obstacle is finding work. I have limited funds to get a go on until I am working there. I know that there isn't a whole lot that I can't do but finding anyone hiring may be tricky. Sure is in Cincy. Luckily, I am not the least bit picky about what I find. Even if its flipping burgers for a short time, I can hang with that. I figure in on year I will have established my "Gulch" enough that I can but back on working for others and start accelerating working for myself. Of course, that all assumes that the economy holds together that long and I ain't holding my breath. Don't know if anyone has been HERE but if not, you should. Great site and has insight into what we may be expecting.(more likely than total collapse actually)

One other read I had today was HERE. Jennifer III has some thoughts about long range pistol shooting. (and she has edited her ignorance off the post. She admits she put foot in mouth on some comments) I know that I practice with my pistol far more than my rifles. There are more combination's of pistol shooting. I hadn't thought about long range shooting with the pistol since it seems that the rounds lose too much energy. Then I started doing some math. The .45 ACP is almost twice the mass of the 7.62 rounds I shoot. That means less energy loss. Maybe out to 100 yards the .45 is still competitive. Maybe. I wouldn't be confident with it but in a pinch, it may be the trick needed. I can easily see it being a food getter out to 50 yards though. I may have to take it to that range and see what I can do with it.


Ok, If I haven't completely bored you to tears by now, or ran you off with my ramblings, I must apologize. It should be quite obvious that I hadn't a damned thing to really talk about today. Not much going on in my little corner of the world. I kind of like that too. I know it won't persist though. Things will get interesting enough 'fore long. I can wait.

2 comments:

chinasyndrome said...

Actually, Cuz that was a pretty insightful post.So much bad stuff going on.Scary times.I wish ya best of luck wherever you go.

China
III

Diogenes said...

Thanks China, I know that the first rule of blogging is to post soemthing everyday. I am not that good about the every day thing but I try to not let more than a couple go by if I can help it.

Yes there are a lot of bad things going on in the world. Yet there are many that don't see how it all connects to the economy and power. Random strikes of bad is what they see. I am starting to see a bigger picture and what I see tells me to get my ass somewhere else. I am doing just that. The only down side to it right now is I feel scattered.(my heavy tools are there now and I miss having them near me. )