Thursday, June 17, 2010

Third time is charm.

I started several posts today and ended up deleting every single one. This will be the third subject of those several posts and bears on my post from last night.

I brought up rights last night and not one person took the bait to start a discussion about it. I don't know why that is but I know it's not for lack of visitors.

Well, I know I am not the wordsmith Kevin is, but I didn't think I was that bad. LOL
I know what my thoughts are on the whole Rights issue. I don't think I am wrong in my thinking that Rights are natural and we choose to keep or give them away by our own actions. God Given is one way of looking at it and I don't argue that but ultimately, its up to us to defend or surrender anything: Rights, property, life, you name it. Everything else is secondary to the first rule of defense. With that in mind, the only reason I see Speech as the 1st amendment in the BOR: it is the first method to use towards peace. Attempt to diffuse before you light the fuse. When negotiations fail, violence ensues.

At the bottom of every stack of paperwork is a loaded .45.(Billy Beck)



In my daily adventure today I was reminded of just how our system has failed us as a people and in turn, the people failed the system when we lost track of our responsibility to defend it.. I ran into several instances of declining education. One example here.(the grammar is atrocious) Obviously with the proceedings against BP on the Hill, we are seeing further trampling of the Constitution. There are some that see it as justified with the Gulf spill being what it is. I see it as further encroachment of a Growing, Non-stop, Government. I see waffling and regulation making a bad situation worse for many people. I see Union favoritism taking place with O'boy refusing to waive the Jones Act temporarily. I see mobilization of troops on US soil for 'clean up' or evacuation but no real motive stated by those that made that decision. (and we all know that Posse Commitatus is a great idea and a complete myth)

and yet

There are further moves in the UN to move on the international Small Arms Treaty. Only blurbs about it on the nets. There is more crap taking place in the Middle East with barely a whisper about it in the AP. O'boy and crew are 'spending' more of nothing on things that are trivial and meaningless at this juncture.

And I am sure that there is more going on under the surface that we can't see. Maybe I should say behind the curtain instead. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.


That light at the end of the tunnel is awfully weak today. Who knows, I may only be seeing some Foo-gas and not really a light at all.

Even so, I have hope. Not that crap ass 'hope n change' O'boy spouted 2 years ago either. I see many people of good nature and solid values, waking up and getting angry. I saw several 'agitators' today and that warmed my heart. I can only hope I live long enough to have a hand in making a difference. One that doesn't depend upon a rigged election system.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only rights you have are those you are willing to fight for. The Founders stipulated some "rights" that were supposed to give us the ability to defend our liberties, but even they saw the populace giving up liberty in their lifetime.
That light at the end of the tunnel? It might be the headlight of the train headed our way. Tear up the tracks while you can.
YeOldFurt

Mayberry said...

I'm with Furt. Yank the tracks. Starve the beast. Your rights, like Furt said, are those that you will fight for. The fight is here...

Diogenes said...

And yanking the tracks up is exactly what I am doing right now. Getting the hell out of this armpit of a city to the country where life will be better even when the whole she-bang goes to shit.

Not exactly the Gulch I had intended but really not that far from it either.