Monday, January 31, 2011

As the cloud lifts off my head.

There was a rather gloomy outlook I had that I am coming out of. Thanks to all that posted then, it was very much appreciated.

What really got me to thinking was a comment about the Sons of Liberty and their actions leading up to the Revolution to throw of the yoke of a Monarchy. These guys were at it for well over ten years BEFORE the first shots were fired at Lexington Green. The Tea Party (among others) is not even 4 years old at this point so I guess I will have to wait and see how things progress before I let it all get me down.

Facts are, this is not new. Not one piece of it is new. Heinlein was writing speculative fictions about things back in the fifties of how to fix the system. Pieces that included dissolving the Federal Reserve and returning to a specie exchange system. He wrote about how to effectively hold a revolution with increasing probability of success(would be nice to have a sentient supercomputer with a sense of humor but,,,)

Hell, just look at history and you see fuzzy reflections of the past that have a VERY close resemblance of today's issues. Inflation, Class warfare through the established systems, Religious failures and upheaval, disarmament of the populace, attempts to quell communications(all parts of that class warfare) Growing debt to an outside entity: the list would just go on and on. It's quite ugly. (of course most people choose not to look at the bigger picture, they prefer their quiet little lives in servitude.)

There are inroads being made to start further data mining projects,from the GOP no less, and having read it, I am of the mind that its more smoke to cover something else. The only reason I say that is how things are set up right now. If anyone thinks that Google isn't tracking you for the Government, think again. There are alternatives to Google and I will be using them more and more but the level of connectivity they have on you is scary. You can even access what they are tracking in your dashboard if you are using blogger. Access it, but not manipulate it, that's their job.

Now, in Egypt, the Government has shut down avenues of communication to help slow down the violence. Good Job Goobs!, you just threw 5 gallons of gasoline on the fire. Those that were sitting on the fence are now in the fray. Talk about unintended consequences.

Will we see that kind of action here in the States? You know it! It won't take but a push of a pen across a piece of White House stationary to make it happen. Its only a matter of time. We haven't seen the level of discontent needed to justify that level of crackdown yet, plus, the PTB WANT to see what us mundanes are up to so they can get further embedded into the trouble areas.

I know this post seems scatter brained,; it is; I am, and that's how I tend to get more intuitive thinking down. Insert Info, stir with a power drill and see what floats to the surface. LOL

Whats floating to the surface today is "BUILD THE DAMNED HOUSE" and that is just what I am going to do. I am far enough away from major cities to cut down on the Golden hoard, yet close enough that I can stay in touch with the pulse of the world (which is running about 180BPM right now) I have access to good growing lands, I have family around for all of the other things that I don't know how to do, I am building my little world for when the big world falls apart. Time to have my little castle too. The weather is starting to show signs of turning towards springtime and that means time to bust out the earthmovers and get the foundation and septic going.

The point of all this: I can't change the world, but I can make my little slice of it just a bit nicer. I intend to do just that.

No comments: