Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not sure what to make of this

nor if its even credible.

John McCain making a bid to become the new White House Press Secretary in place of Gibbs.

Now, I could really care less one way or another, McCain tends to be a RINO leaning towards lefty even as a RINO. But some little sniggling details came to mind when I heard this on the Laura Ingraham show.

Remember how McCain was shot down over Vietnam? Spent some time in the Hanoi Hilton? I remember this being brought up during the Election campaign of '08. I also remember some Vets from that particular version of hell coming out and trying to denounce McCain on it. Stating that he wasn't all that much of a hero because of his actions within the Hanoi Hilton. I also remember those same vets basicly being ignored, for the most part, by the MSM's. This was a very short part of the campaign but it may have taken its toll on McCain's chances.

I can't say one way or another nor do I want to speculate on the facts at this point. Fact is, I was a gleam in my dads eye when that 'police action' started and was starting in school when that war came to an end.(and yes, I am being sardonic on the police action thing. We all now what a war is) I vaguely remember seeing stuff on the news about it: specifically the chopper on top of the embassy and seeing them tossing Huey's off a ship to make room for refuges. Other than that, not a whole lot.

But you have to wonder if there may be some truth to what those guys were saying. Seems that McCain is rather quick to make a leap of faith into the other sides pool if it benefits his career. This little "bipartisan" shift for "civility" is rather convenient for him at this juncture.

One other tidbit that I remember about McCain is a scandal in AZ during the 80's. I was going to school there when I lived with my mom and I remember my stepdad talking about this.
The article says they were cleared of any wrong doing but seriously, we're talking about politicians here: How likely is the innocence in this case?


Can a stripe really change its tiger?

5 comments:

Mayberry said...

Crooks one and all. There's not one iota of difference between any of 'em, and they never change. They just get worse...

Diogenes said...

That was my point with the Stripe comment. The tiger never changes even when he can change his stripes.

Bill Nye said...

Dio,

Remeber Murtha he was a former Marine, and crooked to the core.

Mayberry said...

Sorry, haven't had a beer yet ; )

Diogenes said...

Bill, Forgot about Murtha, dunno how though, Considering he has been repudiated by the Corps. Hard to do that and I think he is one of only a handful that has happened to.

Mayb, go get your beer, I am on the second one now. LOL