Friday, January 28, 2011

How do ,,,

This one is a philosophical/spiritual question.

How do you deal with the near constant apprehension/frustration/depression/what have you, of watching everything come apart?

I know all of the above hits each and every one of us at some point, sometimes more in one area than others. In my case, frustration tends to be quite prevalent. The more I learn about history, and current events, the more I wish it would all just break so we can start the clean up.

Then I read stuff like this. Dunno 'bout you but I have seen the after effects of agents like this and I really, REALLY don't want to see it up close and personal. I especially don't want to experience it, nor those 'self induced' counter agents. (needles are only a nuisance, but Spring loaded ones freak me right the f#*k out!) The fact that our government still has this crap on hand really disturbs my Fecal matter. We have seen in the last couple of decades where a leader used this kind of stuff on his own citizens. What is to say that it won't be used on us in isolated areas of discontent?

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but then I see Drones being deployed in law enforcement within our borders and not for border patrol, and it makes me really think about it. I see things like them 'contemplating' another run on (further) gun control, and I have to wonder. More laws on the books that would make using food or energy as a weapon against the populace, and I have to wonder.


WHEN WILL AMERICA WAKE UP????!!!!????!!!!!

I know that most all that read this blog are awake. We are but a handful of people. We may be a little paranoid, but I think we have just cause to be so. History may not repeat itself verbatim, but it rarely misses a beat. We are at that point were SOMETHING, is going to break. There are no two ways around that. Right now, there are several things poised to do just that. Will we see Herr Obama? Who the fu#k knows, only time will tell. Then again, maybe nothing will happen until after our next 'Selection cycle' goes through, IF it goes through. Again. No one really knows (and I don't even want to touch upon the 'conspiracy theory' in this post) The fact that something is going to break is inevitable. When, not if.

That is what keeps me in a continuous state of apprehension. I like 'edge of the seat' movies: I would rather not live my life that way though. Still this is the world I was born into, no choice of my own, so I must deal with it accordingly. I only hope something gives soon. I would rather be in the thick of it, DOING SOMETHING, not beating my head against a wall. (and that is what it feels like when I am trying to contact those that 'say' they represent my interests)(for those that say I am not trying hard enough: I have voted in every election cycle since 1988, NOT ONE PERSON I HAVE EVER VOTED FOR WAS ELECTED. Yeah, the system works, LOL ) If I were in a more stable position, I would have gone to D.C. to make my voice heard. Even so, I highly doubt that would have done anything either. Till something gives, I will continue trying. Till I can get my hands dirty, I will keep training my mind and body as best I can for "Whatever" is coming at us.

2 comments:

Adventures in Self Reliance said...

Well I know I am looking for new ideas in prep and survival. I know I'm not your target. I just learn and try to spread the knowledge.
I think most of us are doing the best we can on getting the word out.
Most will refuse to wake up! Not because they think we are wrong, but they can't believe we are right. You may as well ask the german jews of 1938 why they stayed in Germany? Most Americans have food, warmth and shelter. why should they believe us? They are slaves yet happy slaves. Though they will never admit it. As Hobbes (of Calvin and Hobbes) Said its not the fact most of us humans have price. It's that the price is so low.

Mayberry said...

I prep, and starve the monkeys as best as I can. Looking at my guns and ammo is always good for a smile. Some cold beer never hurts. A sailboat would go a long way toward leaving the mess behind for a while... Keep tinkering and building stuff, that's what you seem to like.