Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let the blood dance begin.

Caught several clips from prior shootings this morning. Letting the media dance in blood again.

This shit really ticks me off. You NEVER hear about how there are more crimes diverted by handguns EVERYDAY. You never hear about the 100 million guns that haven't killed more than a piece of paper at a range today. You never hear about the billions of rounds that pour through the stores, that aren't used for more than target shooting or hunting in legitimate roles.

You never hear about how there are more people killed by accident by LEO's than by civilians. You never hear about the training practices of most(not all) LEO departments.(more specifically a serious lack of training.) I know more 'civilians' with more trigger time than most cops. How many police/sheriffs/deputies/etc that regularly practice off hand shooting, moving targets, accuracy at distance, shoot and move to cover, let alone just simple drop tap and rack exercises? How many will 'qualify' with their service weapon and never touch it again until its time to actually "use it" ? (98% of the police in Cincinnati. Empirical evidence only so don't slam me later if its wrong.) Hell, even the gang bangers seem to have more trigger time than some cops.

Maybe that's a good thing though. When things get rough, I am not sure I want someone with a chip on their shoulder, a legal excuse for violence, and skill using those tools; on the other end of the range. Maybe that sounds cowardly but it is not. Its a statement of hoping that I don't have to come up against a professional. Bumbling fools are dangerous enough; to themselves and others. A professional raises the stakes. Just having a badge does NOT make you qualified to carry a gun. (and yet, how many people go through the trouble of getting deputized just for that benefit? I know of a couple myself. It is an easy way to get around some really stupid laws so I can't hold that against them.)

But this is about the media. The bias has reached a point similar to that of a rotting cadaver. IT REEKS. I can only hope that the general populace is more aware of the fact that the 'saviors' in this instance were NOT law enforcement but regular Joes that did what should come naturally to anyone with a pulse. Self defense is NOT A CRIME! Taking down someone during a reload is just plain smart. Again, the police were there to take notes, not 'protect'. IF just one IF, there had been someone there with an openly carried side arm, what do you think the outcome would have been? Probably would have been a non event. There may have been a couple of shots exchanged but more likely the actual shooter would have backed off before hand. I could be wrong; the media is starting to paint this guy as 'off his rocker', but you have to wonder. Even if he had made the opening salvo, I don't think the wounded list would have been so large. Either way, if even one person were injured, the media would blow it out of proportion and made a blood bath out of it. As it is, they get their blood dance this time too.


Dance media Dance. You are really only showing just how sick and twisted you truly are. I feel for those that are suffering for this mess. I feel for them knowing that you, the media, are using their loss for your gain. I feel for the loss of liberty that your blood dance has inflicted upon this country for the last 80 years. (FA34 was the real start of it)

Here's a clue for you if you wonder what I mean. PROHIBITION has never had the desired intent EVER. It matters not if its alcohol, drugs, sex or guns. IT DOESN'T WORK! There are always unintended consequences. Yes, this shooting was a tragedy, they all are. Using it for political gain is just wrong.


Addendum: Some 'yahoo' in the state legislature here in KY has proposed a gun legislation bill. I don't have the full wording on it (they aren't up to speed on internet posting around here) but I did hear the words of said 'yahoo'. "this isn't about restricting people from having guns, this is only to restrict access to guns that kill people, are used in crimes and for killing cops and firemen."
Did this guy miss the memo on Guns are tools and if you outlaw them, only outlaws will have them? Did he miss the memo about how laws only apply to the law abiding?(redundant I know) Did he miss the fact that I(and any determined person) can kill with a pencil just as dead as with a bullet? I am not 100% certain but I can say with confidence that there is not one Gun manufacturer in the WORLD that specifically makes a gun for killing cops or firemen. Just as I am certain that the guy that made Lizzy Bordans ax didn't intend it for murder either. Tools are tools, applications may vary.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its pretty maddening alright. John Q Public is told teaching a kid how to put a condom on is simple common sense needs, but teaching a kid between right and wrong cannot be done - too judgemental.

Teaching a kid that if someone has two 'Mommies' or 'Daddies' requires toleration, but a kid who has outdoor pursuits like hunting or fishing is treated like a paraiah. Like knowing where your source of protein comes from is information you don't need to know.

That dressing little girls like little prostitutes is fine (doesn't she look cute!), and that athletics come before academics (check out your local school budgets for the athletics department if you think I'm exaggerating).

I could go on and on but I know I'm preaching to the choir. The media is not interested in informing the public - they are into propoganda, the facts be damned.

Diogenes said...

Anon, Nail on the wall with that. That whole academic/sport crap is very much a part of what is wrong with the system but by no means the whole of the matter. Having been trained as an educator then seeing the light and bailing on the system, I know just how bad it was and is getting on a daily basis. I do what I can on the local level in small pieces. The kids I get to work with are and will be swept into the cracks if I don't intervene. Propaganda does not one person any good other than those that progressively rob us blind.

chinasyndrome said...

Dio,I am wanting a Kel-Tec PMR-30 so while I am at I will check and see what they have listed as Cop or firemen killing weapons.?
The left is wringing this for all they can get!

China
III

Mayberry said...

Dio, they always use the same tired arguments. It's all they have, and all they know. But the average moron, having the attention span of a gnat, never realizes that it's the same shit, different day. They'll jump on the bandwagon for no other reason than it's passing by...

Anonymous said...

Regardless of the arguments, I won't be giving up my guns. This, being of sound mind, have personally sworn to myself. As far as I'm concerned, that's the end of the subject. BTW, although I do shoot varmints, or for food, I don't own guns to hunt, or for sport. I own them for self defense, or (if needed) to throw off the yoke of Tyranny. I own them because I am an American citizen.

Diogenes said...

to China: Look all you want, I am pretty certain you won't find anything on that note. Have fun with the new Kel-tec.

Mayberry: Attention span of a gnat. That's giving most people more credit than is due IMO. Gnats can be damned persistent.

Anon 10:45 : I concur with your thoughts exactly. This constant push to make us all sheep gets quite old after a very short period. I also won't be parting with any of my tools. I haven't rescinded my position as a citizen yet, nor do I see that in my future no matter how much they attempt to make being a citizen difficult.