Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rant, fair warning, may explode with expletives.

This whole shooting mess in Tucson really has me fired up. I am certain that there are some that feel the same way, just as I am certain that there are those that are indifferent to it.

What is getting in my craw is the stupidity of some of the upper ranking Elected. Seriously, I get the impression that they are scared shitless about this whole mess. GOOD! Maybe you should be. Just as those of us out here in the streets, burbs, fields, woods and mountains have been scared for God knows how long. I can't speak for everyone but of those that I know who are not Law Enforcement, being in proximity of a LEO tends to make one feel just a bit intimidated. It's not that we are doing anything wrong, the real problem is that we don't know any longer if we are or not. The laws have grown so convoluted and archaic that I don't think even the lawmakers have a fuckin clue any longer as to what is 'legal' or not. How are we, the mundane supposed to be free if we aren't even sure if there is a 'right and wrong' any longer(other than our own moral codes. Even there, we may be breaking a law now). The whole "ignorance of the law is no excuse" standard can no longer apply if the lawmakers don't even understand what the law is, let alone those hired to enforce it. Seems that any LEO with an attitude can charge us for whatever they want and have at least one item stick. Seems to me that the whole charade is just that, a charade. You pretend to give us freedom and we pretend you aren't stomping on our throats.

I was listening to the Laura Ingraham show while she was interviewing CONgress Critter King on his new bill. This is just a proposal at this point I believe but essentially states that no mundane will be permitted to have a gun or weapon within 1000 feet of a Federally elected person. I know that there are many others that are ranting about this and I am sure that the backlash is hitting the phones in the District of Criminals. I am quite certain that there is a grouping of mundanes that feel this is justified too. So be it.


Here is my take on it. First, let me state this: THIS IS IN NO WAY A THREAT!!!! Just points to ponder for those that seem to think that the whole disarming of citizens is OK if it only applies to a set perimeter(or at all for that matter). I am a former Marine. every Marine in bootcamp goes through a training period with rifles. That training is at 200 yards, 300 yards and 500 yards. DO THE MATH. 600' 900' and 1500'. Just how is that 1000' perimeter supposed to stop a determined person with a carbine from taking out a senator or representative? It sure as hell didn't stop Oswald (no conspiracies here, if you want to say he did it, look at his distances. 1000' was nothing. Especially if you consider a target that was moving at 30mph AWAY on an oblique from the shooter.) And that doesn't account for those that go into sniper training. That is just your basic ground pounder or Office pogue. EVERY MARINE learns to shoot that way. I can't account for the other services, but every one of them has some sort of qualification with the basic weaponry. Take that into account. The other side of that coin is that there are MANY non-military trained people that have a sport called long range shooting. There is an annual event called Boomer Shoot where the shortest distances shot are measured in 100's of yards; some are over 1000 yards. Again, no threat implied or intended, just points to ponder. You may have need to be scared if you continue on this path of Political class warfare. I understand you feel intimidated by some mundane with a loose screw that injured a (possible) friend of yours. Killed a Federal judge and a young girl and injured many others. Let me ask you this: How many Federal officials have been killed by civilian shooters in the last 100 years? Then I ask you to look at how many people have been gunned down by LEO's in the last 10. You don't even have to include the ones that were trouble, just the innocents that 'happened to be' in a bad place at the wrong time. Yes, the numbers are out there. Look em up. When you do, I am POSITIVE you will see a larger number of civilians killed than 'officials'. And that is on a 10:1 ratio of years.

Mr King, you stated that you want to see the police in that instance with more powers to make a decision on how to approach security. Strip us of weapons if you want, giving the Police more powers is only going to aggravate an already touchy situation. Just look at the stink that is being caused by the groping of the TSA. Yes, there are more and more that are willing to just 'put up with it'. That is called adjustment to dictates. We have been 'adjusting' for many years. Each time you further the reach of an already powerful Police state, you unintentionally set us up for further transgressions.(or is it really intentional? you tell me.) Keep encroaching upon Constitutional rights and you will eventually find out just what Enumerated really means. 2A won't be a clause on a piece of paper under 2" thick glass; it will be a heavy mass traveling at supersonic speeds. I am certain you don't want to see that. I know I don't. Somewhere though, someone is going to feel pushed around enough to push back. It may be an event like what we have seen in the past at Ruby Ridge, or Waco. Then again, it may be something similar to some fictions online; published as warnings of what could be. Right now, the political class has all of the 'cool toys' available. Keep pushing and you may find out just how 'obsolete' a military grade bolt action is. Once shooting commences, the toys will go to those that get their paws on it, or those that defect from the federal side and bring the toys in tow. One thing you always need to keep in the front of your mind when thinking up these bills is the law of unintended consequences. Look at the consequences of Prohibition. What I see coming is going to make that look mighty tame. Hell, the blood baths of the second American Revolution may be repeated if things continue upon the paths we are seeing. I would like to think you would want to avoid that. Again, I know I would prefer to avoid using my guns in that manner. A fact that I know is held by everyone that considers themselves a 'threeper' or 'patriot' in this day and age. We don't want to fight, we only want to be left alone to enjoy our rewards in life. (that also means not supporting every welfare case from cradle to grave at threat of violence from on high.)



Again, this is not a threat, nor a manifesto, but you could consider it a warning of what may be if the paths are forced along much further.


Just points for all you D.C. persons to consider before you go harping about 'civil discourse' while threatening disarmament.

9 comments:

Mayberry said...

The "uppers" are not stupid. They are calculating... Given that the vast majority of monkeys will accept virtually anything that rolls down from Crapitol Hill, there's not much calculating involved. They know that they have a virtual "blank check", and can do almost anything they want without fear. All they have to do is demonize anyone who doesn't toe the line, and they know the monkeys will get with the program...

Diogenes said...

we both know it. I had to get that off my chest though. I am tired of hearing the same old tripe from the left, no matter what the facts are. When I start hearing it from members of the right(center really), I start to boil a little faster.


As it is, once I made it home from work, I really gave that football hell. There is a hole through it that you can slide a baseball bat through. Time for a new football but I feel much better for it.

Anonymous said...

Hell, I don't even start evaluating handloads for accuracy until I shoot them at 300 meters. That's pushing the 1000 foot mark already, and that's just warm up for a real rifleman.

That 1000' is an arbitrary number; the real result of this law will be a wedge, driven irrevocably into American politics and society.

Once the wedge is in firmly, the crack can only grow.

AP

chinasyndrome said...

Dio,I hope the Alphabits reading this know you aren't one lone wack job but a guy who just stated what many feel! If that makes you a wack job than so are most of us Americans!

China
III

Anonymous said...

At any one point in time, anywhere in an American city, one could be within the "thousand feet". How are they to enforce such a law ? Seems to me that this would totally bypass the 2nd, giving the right to confiscate all weapons...
Spud

Diogenes said...

China, I tried to make the point of not being a threat so much as points to ponder. I am not ready to go committing suicide by cop. I have way to much to learn before I am ready to give up on this plane of existence.

Spud, you may have just nailed the whole intent behind that law. Only way to know is if it passes, then, who knows what the cards will lay out.(though I have a damned good idea)

Anonymous said...

This seems modeled after the sex crime offender legislation that prevents offenders from living within X distance of schools.
Two questions. Not looking for answers, just some thoughts I had.
1. If you live within 1000 feet of a member of Congress, what does this do to your rights to own firearms and keep them in your home?
2. If such a law is passed, I am sure many would like to be provided information to ensure they are in compliance. Does this mean a system will be created to ensure we do not encroach on a legislated perimeter by notifying us of the location of members of Congress at all times? If so, what does such a notification system do to the safety of members of Congress?

Diogenes said...

Great questions Anon 9:32 Guess that the CONgress critters with this in mind are not thinking about repercussions or unintended consequences. Big surprise really isn't it? NOT. Guess as this thing reveals itself and goes through the process, more info will be available and of course, those that would, will adjust accordingly.

GunRights4US said...

Molon Labe'