Thursday, April 28, 2011

A commentary and an opinion.

Bashing William, AKA Bill Nye is a an amazing catalyst to my brain. His writing style, despite his best protests, is immaculate in bumping thoughts of mine together causing great synaptic reactions. He really got the neurons firing today with something that has been simmering below the surface for a long time.

Here is his post.

This subject is like playing rough with Mercury Fulminate. You may get off with nothing more than a sweaty brow, then again, you could blow your head off.

The following will be some thoughts I have had on this subject over the last few years.

First lets dispense with a warning. I am going to use words that are crass, rude, downright offensive, and all have the potential to label me 'something' by whomever takes offense.

I am also going to offend those on the other side of the aisle too.


For everyones benefit, please read to the end and DO NOT comment for at least 24 hours if you want to start a flame war. Let what I have to say simmer for a few before you shoot from the hip.(that goes for both sides of the issue)



Gays in the military.

Not a damned thing new here. So why is it such a big stinking issue now? Two reasons. DISTRACTION! and DIVISION!

Why do I say that? The answer should be obvious but I will explain in detail. History first.

Roman and Greek empires. Both at one point were the stellar points in history; one gave birth to the other. Each had army's where homosexual behavior was pretty much the norm. Why? Simple logistics. Nothing more. Its a fact that when a person is subjected to life and death situations and survives, the libido is magnified intensely. Any High-Energy output will increase Sexual drive, the release from high duress situations makes it that much more intense While there is nothing that can be done to correct this (they tried salt peter but we all know how that worked out) and there was no way to carry the 'support' needed to curb 'strange appetites'. In order to discourage "rapin and pillagin" the troops were encouraged to vent their energies on each other, either through exercise(wrestling) or 'exercise'(the other wrestling). Much easier to win over the people you just conquered if they weren't trying to patch up the women folk at the same time. The Romans called soldiers "shieldmates" and it had nothing to do with "Esprit de Corps".(and yes, the term Esprit de Corps was started by the Romans) Want to piss a group off right quick? Fuck over the fem's and see how easy it is to make headway with the group.

History aside for now, that is only the logistics side of it.

I did my tour in the Corps and to have someone tell me that there were no gays in then (this was just before don't ask don't tell) is a laughing matter to me. I KNOW there were a couple in my unit alone. It wasn't an issue then and shouldn't be an issue now. The fact that once 'DADT' went into effect there was a shuffle out the door of a "few good men" bothered me and not how you would think.
The ones that 'opted out' under DADT more than likely WERE NOT GAY! They were the toads that every unit has under the rug and they saw a way out with no fuss. They may have even been 'encouraged' to take that out.

One particular person, I won't name even though I believe he is out now, was the model image of a Marine. This guy was built like a fuckin tank, would carry the Ma Deuce and tripod by himself on 'forced marches' and never bitched about a damned thing. He had a different taste in sexual appetites but that was it. AND HE NEVER ADVERTISED IT. That was the key point. If you weren't on good terms with him, you would never have a clue that he had that bend in his nature.


NOW to dispel any shit right now. I am not gay, nor have any shit like that to hang me up. I am just trying to point out that this is just another tool to cause shit amongst decent people.

NOW Here is my take on Homosexuality.
No emotions, just logic.
I won't bring religion into it, just science.
And I am going to show WHY homosexuality is wrong.

As a species, we have a genetic code just as every other species upon this planet has. EVERY SPECIES intent is to procreate, spread the code, enrich the code through diverse breeding. ANY SPECIES that loses that motivation is on the chopping block of history PERIOD!

Homosexuals CAN'T breed. They may be able to find some opposite sex to breed with but the intent is the same as if they weren't gay. They can't breed with each other. To share same gender sex is no better than masturbation. Feels good but doesn't do a damned thing for the species. It goes against the very code written into the double helix that is embedded within a body.

From the species point of view, its extremely selfish.

I could try and go into what causes it. There is always the 'excuse' of "I was born this way" to which I call bullshit. I just can't see the genetic code building in a self destruct mechanism like that. It may be how a person is raised, it may be some psychological 'fail safe' that the person feels comfortable with. I dunno and I have no real inclination to find out. It is one of those things that does not apply to me and I could really care less.

BUT

Why is it such an issue for society? First and foremost, it shouldn't be. For the longest time, there were gays amongst us and it was 'accepted' even though it wasn't really acceptable behavior. People understood that, on occasion, someone might have a twist in their psyche that allowed this perversion. (and yes, I do think of it as a perversion. It goes against the grain of nature and procreation) Many thought that due to lack of procreation, it would 'breed itself out'. The fact that it hasn't shows me that this is a societal issue, not a genetic one.

More recently, the 'Gay movement' has taken on a life of its own. The demanding of "Sexual Rights" is hilarious to watch. Umm, 'scuse me, but if she don't wanna fuck ya, what RIGHT do you have to demand it? Same goes for the gays: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXIST but not if it FORCES us to give up our societal standards. The 'institution of marriage' was never intended to be anything but a mutual contract between MAN AND WOMAN to extend the species. Yes, there is emotion involved and anything without it would end quickly and yes, emotionally for all involved. Some may say that Marriage is by God. I think marriage is strictly between the individuals and that the state or others have not one ounce of shit to say about it. If two gays want to get 'married', fine, but don't pull me into the fray by making it mandatory under law. That shit is what caused myself and my ex to avoid 'consummating' under law. (good thing too or I would have been far worse off in the long run when that ended.)

Seriously though, if you really feel the need to pack fudge or suck cock, thats your damned business: do it behind closed doors. So long as everyone is an adult, consenting, and not in an altered state, your business, not mine.

BUT I damned well don't want to see it.


Back to the Military issue though. DADT was a bad move. It opened the doors to bigotry where there was already a bit of it, but under control. NOW, we have open hostile reactions because the issue has been forced upon people in an already hostile environment. (think going to war on a regular basis isn't hostile?)

My only comment to those that think this is 'the right thing to do': Smooth move assholes, you just tossed the mercury fulminate really high. Watch what happens when the shit hits the ground.

5 comments:

Spud said...

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Only comment I might make is that if you are gay and flamboyant about it, don't complain when others do bad things to ya.
In our country you are free to be you, just don't think I have to like it. Discretion is the key word to getting along with others.

Mayberry said...

Yep, you certainly opened a can o' worms there Dio : )Happy arguing....

Diogenes said...

Yup, the libertarian mindset all the way. Let me live my life, without harming others but don't push your life on mine.

Don't really care what others do behind closed doors. Their business not mine. Like Sixbears stated on Bills site. "Don't care if my Marines are straight so long as they can shoot straight." The current flamers that run around screaming 'rights violations' probably wouldn't know the working end of a gun from the smart end.

Diogenes said...

Hey Mayberry, Good arguments can be a spice in life. LOL

I knew what I was getting into when I posted it. Like I said, sweaty brow or blow your head off. No matter how you handle it, its a touchy subject.

Bill Nye said...

GRIN