Saturday, April 16, 2011

Two "something new" s today.

Obviously, I am delving into some sort of fiction. There are some resemblances to the living but I will let you pick it out for yourselves.

The other thing is, not realizing it at the time; today is B.A.G. day. April 15th AKA Tax day.

Today, I picked up a Winchester 94 in .30-30. I have always wanted a 'cowboy gun' and today was the day. I didn't even realize it was 'tradition' until I went to TSM.

I know, I know, save the damned money for real preps. I already have the guns lined up right? WELLllll,,, What can I say, I wanted one for several years and the price was right.

Who am I kidding. I fell in love with it on first peep down the sight line. LOL And it was designed by John Moses Browning. What else would a body want out of a gun?

For the comments already on the last post, I am working on the next section. I think this thing is writing itself.

4 comments:

Mayberry said...

"This thing is writing itself"

Yeah, they start out that way : ) Gets a little tougher later on...

BTW, a good rifle is never a bad purchase!

Diogenes said...

I was afraid you were gonna say that about writing. Funny part is, this really was a dream I had last night. Scared the shit out of me.

And absolutely correct, a good rifle is never a bad buy.

chinasyndrome said...

Dio,good choice Bro! I have a Winchester ranger I traded or bought from my son memory fails.30 cal light weight slings up nicely.My son can rattle em so quick if you wasn't watching you would think it was auto.By the way cuz finally got out and shot Psl I love it big round no recoil only a couple ftf new gun needs broke in.I like it a lot.Going back in couple weeks to do serious sighting in.Really gotta finish fiction got me hooked.

China
III

Diogenes said...

Thanks China. I thought that the lever action would be a good fit for me. I will find out soon. One hint on the PSL. Get a dremel with a polishing tip on it. One of the ball looking types. breakdown the action and polish the hell out of the trigger group. I did mine to a mirror finish on the contact points. No more ftf's and the break is crisp as hell. That alone helped tighten up my groups. Graphite in the magazines helps feed issues too.