Thursday, April 14, 2011

Goin Green (and I won't be bashing this time out)

I may have opened a can of worms today with this 'goin green' business of mine. Now don' get me wrong, I really hate it when I hear the preaching of greenweenies about 'saving the world' and other feel good anecdotes of theirs. When I am talking about going green, I am talking about setting things up to keep the green in your wallet(kinda).
Was talking to my boss today about finding a particular style motor from a washing machine. He tends to gather up junk appliances to gut then scrap so I figured if anyone could find it, he would. As it is, the conversation took a turn towards self-sufficiency and went on a wild goose chase from there. (he lives near a creek that never freezes and while it gets low, never dries up either. You can see where that is going eh?) It got me to thinking about "starving the monkeys" though. One of my main goals with this house is to establish 1)My independence of most if not all systems and 2)withdraw my consent on anything the monkey collective runs out in the future. Now, do I invest in setting up 'renewable energy' for the locals or do I wait until they come a knockin? The upside is it would be damned good business until the monkeys caught wind of it, the downside being, It ain't cheap even when I hack things together.(and most around here are borderline broke to start)

I broke down and listened to some of the news today. O'boys speech(campaign style no doubt. I didn't listen in) really made a few in the District of Criminals angry.(and McCain is still a slimy Communist weasel. I think the VietCong had more effect on him than he lets on) It had a side effect of really tipping the hat towards other functions as well. Gold up $18.40(1.26%) Silver up $1.52(3.74%) Crude up $1.33(1.24%) and of course the dollar down $.22(-.29%). That last has been quite incremental over the last few years: been really showing some movement over the last 8 months.
One of the programs I listen to is Coast to Coast AM(I only get the tailend of the recast in the mornings). Granted, more often than not, only for the entertainment factor but today was an exception. I don't recall the guest speakers name but he was an economist with a finger on reality.(Addendum: The guys name is Greg Hunter, link included.) I was blown away. Holy shit! A voice of reason on a national/international radio show. This guy really has his numbers down. The only downside to the show (more irritating than anything else) was his speaking style. I was irritated by it and you could hear it in Georges responses as well but the mans info was deadnutz to what I have been seeing, what Shenandoah has been yelling about, and 180 degrees to what the District of Criminals has been saying(I know, big surprise huh? LOL with a bit of dread mixed in.)

Now, in the comment section of Bills blog, I stated that I thought we have another 10 years of PROGRESSIVE destruction, that the wheels wouldn't fall off so much as the whole mess come to a grinding halt. Today, I am not so sure. The unemployment figures today, the IMF sending up redflags of changing the Reserve currency, O'boys continuous Campaigning, the lack of any significant balls on the hill(they are there but not en mass enough to make a dent on the stupidity level.): All of these things got me to (re)thinking my timeline.
I can't make any predictions but I can state some educated guesses.
IF the IMF pulls the dollar as the reserve currency, we are beyond fucked. The Debtors will call to collect BEFORE our administration (this or next) makes the attempt to 'print themselves out of debt'. (and on this I have to quote that guy from this morning; "what we will see will make the Great Depression look mighty tame, nearly inconsequential.") We haven't seen the end of the unemployment. Not even close. With them talking about raising the taxes 'on the rich' (no word about getting the banks to pay more but I digress) there won't be ANY formation of new work that isn't Goverment based AT ALL for many years to come. Well, that may be an exaggeration but I don't think it's too far off base.
So, keep all of the above in mind for the next couple of days. I am giving a homework assignment and I won't be grading it. You will. This is for your benefit, not mine (I already know the answers to my assignment, and I didn't like what I found.)
Here is your assignment: Call and talk to your bank. If you are on good terms with a teller (not an ATM) talk to her/him. Find out what the Maximum Daily Transaction limit(withdrawal) is on BOTH your savings (if you still have one) and your checking. You may find she/he won't tell you outright. They may not know, but then again, they might. If they aren't willing to talk to you, get the manager (DUH! We know Dio, what's your point?)

I have a Credit Union, Not an FDIC insured place and what I found disturbed me. I knew that there were limits, but what I found was worse than I thought. ATM withdrawals are limited to $200/24 hour period. (used to be I could withdraw 200 at 11:55PM then another 200 at 12:05 AM. No longer. 24 hours.) Maximum Debit/credit transaction is $400/day.(same 24 hour standard.) It used to $1000.00 This has not one thing to do with my balance either. It is actually something pushed upon them by the some higher power(she wasn't really sure but it was external, she did confirm that) (There is also something that is from the Feds. You are only able to make 6! transfers between accounts per month. What the hell is that about? I guess thats their way of showing us who REALLY owns that debt instrument huh?)

You may find nothing, you may find that your accounts are in a similar state. I can't say, thats why I pointed it out. You may not want to know either. Your choice.

What does it mean? IF this is system wide (I doubt it but who knows, it may be to different levels per institution); its a sure fired sign that the Feds are preparing for Bankruns, out of control inflation, and potentially moving us into a completely cashless society. For that last note, think about the level of control they have to 'fix' the system, keep hyper-inflation at bay, and, of course as a side note only, 'we won't use it like that':What better way to keep the people caged up? A man with cash in hand is a master of his own destiny(at least till he loses his head or cash) A man that has to ask for permission to get access to his money is a bit less than slave material. Oh How the Nazi's would have loved to had this level of technology and money. It would have made things a lot less messy in the long run.(and think about how easy it will be to control entire sections of the country just by withholding 'some' cash.)

Guess you guys didn't see that coming did you? Started slow and cool then dropped the shitbox right in your laps.

Might want to get used to it, we are going to be seeing LOTS of it soon enough. Oh yeah, you might want to crank up the throttle on the simplest items now, Things are going to get really outlandish, really fast.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No problem pulling cash out of my credit union. Any amount, any denomination. I did some trail runs.

David III said...

My credit union has exactly the same limits as your Diogenes, (Colorado) also had a credit union in New Hampshire, (had $25 in it)they changed the rules and confiscated my $25 as I was never informed of the change. Bat Rastards!

Anonymous said...

Ohio, same restrictions as yours.
I have begun to take out money quickly as possible. Pay many bills either in person/cash or by money order and hope I can keep track of and later produce the stubs to prove that bill was paid.

Love the $200 daily limit on my debit card for my protection. Gotta have the four number code to use it.

Anna Mouse

Anonymous said...

I used to bank at BofA and would normally be able to take out a max of $800.00 from an ATM. Moved to a small Texas bank and now can only take a max of $400.00. The balance variable is steady so that is not the issue.

Pickdog
III

Diogenes said...

It may depend upon what the stature of the bank is. There may not be any real Federal influence on this (other than the fact that most, not all, but most, banks are pretty much 'owned' by the Feds now)

As it stands, I have been hitting my ATM hard when I get paid. I take out everything I can get my paws on the first couple of days and only leave enough in savings to cover my own stupidity (which has been quite rare) Of my withdrawals, I convert most of it into Silver coins on the same day. (that chest is gettin heavy) Lately that has been really hurting too. I get less every week but only due to the fact that (in reality) the dollar is purchasing less and less. Silver really isn't going up, the dollar is falling. (for example, One Mercury Dime is the equivalent to the dollar amount for one gallon of gas. Anyone remember when gas was a dime a gallon? I don't but I have seen pics of that time.Oh how nice it would be to fill up on $2 worth of pocket change eh?)