Sunday, April 10, 2011

Somedays,

Having witnessed the illusory transition of a power smackdown on the hill Friday( I can't think of any other way to put it) This weekend has been something of a 'So what' moment for me.

Right now, the way I feel about it all, I could wake up tomorrow and find that The Chinese had installed a Figurehead president in O'boys place and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.(well, the fact that we aren't actively calling him a Manchurian Candidate beside the point) Seriously, the predictability of the shenanigans on the hill are pathetic. It's like watching an 5 year old trying to get away with the same shit you tried to get away with at 5. You know all the little tricks and the kid still keeps trying. Thats how I see our "leaders": 5 yr old brats trying to get the cookie jar. The Cookie jar that ALWAYS has the cookies that is.

It really makes me sick some days.

Well for the next three days, I will keep my ear to the ground but I am not going to let them get to me. I have the next three days off work (now that all of the vacations are out of the way. I have till next year for mine, if it all holds together that long) In that time; work towards my Gulch. Maybe, if the weather permits (no rain) I will cast those parts I have been holding off on. Its been a danged fishbowl around here the last month and I won't cast if there is potential of a steam explosion due to weather. (can't wait till the shop is done with a set furnace and a sandcrab floor so I don't have to wait out weather)
As for keeping my ear to the ground. I watch only certain trends to give me a clue if something is really going on. Gold and silver tend to be steadily rising but spikes indicate something hit the fan. Oil is another one. I have those fed to my phone so I get alerts if things really start moving. Thats when I fire up the laptop and see what's going on.

You may hear from me in the meantime, if not, back on Thursday.

No comments: