Monday, May 31, 2010

And the hits continue.


I am glad as hell I am an early riser. Otherwise I would have been woken to the sound of Drum Corps, sirens and lights, the sounds of SEIU yahoo's chanting communist "Representative" names, and well, a lot of the above. Lets just say, I have reserved the appropriate response to a more appropriate situation.

This is an annual event and every year I am reminded of just how sick the little community I live in truly is. I don't mind the parade; hell, Pride in community is a virtue not a vice(in as much as Pride isn't taken to sinful levels.) The sickness is in the fact that this little community is supported by the welfare state more than anything else. Few actually work for a living and those that do, are in state sponsored positions for the most part.(I didn't get the pictures of the purple and yellow shirts running around right at the beginning)


But to forgo the above and update my life here. I had a good and bad weekend all rolled up in one. Good(actually great but tempered by the bad) time with my dad, his new 7 weekold kitten, the bees, the rest of the family, getting out of this city to where real people live(not zombies) Good times. I didn't get up the hill to do any shooting. My dad had a valid reason and getting out into the woods a bit, I realized why no shooting. This spring has been so wet and temperate, you can't see past 15' in most places everything has grown so much. I saw the range area we normally shoot and you can't see JACK$#!7!!!! Oh well; without cutting down lanes of trees(not going to happen when we shoot 300-400 yards), no shooting. We just spent time together running around to the different planting sites and seeing who was growing what. Good times all in all. The other part of the bad was my Truck blew the line between the Master and Slave cylinder for the Clutch. Easy fix but damned time consuming and we were still 20 miles from anywhere to get parts when it happened. I am glad I haven't any reservations about using "McGyvered" hardware to make things functional. The truck made the return trip without hitch, little high on the temp scale but then, it was rather hot out and we came back in mid day unlike normal when I am traveling at night. I would imagine that alone lead to the higher temp. It was still within limits but it was reaching my red scale(which is a bit lower than the factory one)

Even though I wasn't able to accomplish all I wanted to while down there, I am two steps closer to making that move now. (and todays parade gave me a little more of a nudge in that direction.) Things are only going to continue to degrade, no matter what the "media" or administration are saying. As they degrade, it will become exponential in rate. I don't want to be local when things hit critical mass. I may be combat tested, doesn't mean I want to put that to the test again until I have MY choice in AO.

I am catching up on everyone right now, may have more to post when done. Only been 48 hours but so much can change in that time. Time to stick my toe in the water and see what direction the current is flowing. Back on later.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

I'm don't know just where you are located, but if those folks were parading past your house you need to get the hell of of there asap.

Diogenes said...

And believe me, I Know. I enjoyed the last 48 hours with real people that understand work ethics. That don't count on 'Uncle Sugar' for anything(and take offense when unc wants to "help") Soon, VERY soon I will be rolling away from this.