Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Now I have something to say.

Funny how commenting on another blog lead to what could be considered an electronic conversation. I made comment over at China's place on Paranoia. Of course he responded like he always does.(which I find way cool but have a hard time fulfilling myself somedays.)

His comment lead me to some thinking. Here is his comment in quotes just for a little background in my thought process.
Diogenes,I don't know how people can not be paranoid? Or at very least concerned.


My Ex is a great example of that "not paranoid" class of people. I can understand her 'adversion' to the truth in some ways, yet I personally can't stand behind it. I am wired differently than most I guess. In her case, if she dwells on details bigger than her day to day existence, she would freeze up, becoming completely useless.(guess its a good thing we are separated eh?) She is good with planning detailed items like bills and making long term plans in a fiscal framework: her weakness is taking into account "What if's". She isn't able to do that too well. Her world is not able to accept that there would be any reason to NOT trust the government.

Sadly, she is representative of a large portion of the population. There are many that are unable to accept that we are heading into a rather tumultuous time period. That the Government may not be out for our best interests but only IT'S best interest. There are many that are waking up. Everyday, I hear or meet someone that is awake. One thing I have been finding encouraging is some of the younger ones that are awake. The ones that realize that money isn't growing on trees but out of pay they have yet to earn in life. That the Government is borrowing against their future without regard to how they feel about it.

Believe me, the ones that understand that, are PISSED. Its that group that leads me to think we may see a good ending to the mess we have coming at us. Knowing they are awake helps me sleep at night. Its going to be hard enough to survive without having to teach the principles to the young at the same time.



Stay safe out there. Things are going to get worse yet. Until people are hungry, we are only going to get worse off. That time will be coming.

2 comments:

Sixbears said...

I count my blessings that my lovely wife is one of those people who knows it's time to leave the building when she smells smoke. Doesn't need an authority figure to lead the evacuation.

Must admit to being more scenario oriented than she is. However, she can be convinced and gets on board. There's maybe 10% of the people who can do that.

Mayberry said...

Things will get worse. Then they will get bloody. Then they will get much better. 'Til then, keep trying to wake the sheeple. The more of them we wake, the less blood there will be....