Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Outta the loop

I have spent the last week avoiding Talk Radio. My only source of info has been the blogs and Drudge Report. Funny how discombobulated I feel. A bit disconnected. I need the break every once in a while or I start to enter a positive feedback loop where I end up wanting things to escalate and a bit inclined to 'help it along'.

Obviously not the way to go about things.

The last couple of days I have been re-reading "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress". I know that the revolution as written there was to parallel the American Revolution and seeing how Mike and Prof 'stacked the deck' when setting up the provisional government, I wonder if our Founders hadn't pulled a similar trick amongst themselves. It would explain a lot of why things went as smoothly as they did and why things quickly started to fall apart once the original founders had moved on. It wasn't obvious then and even with hindsight, can be fuzzy at times. It just seems to me that after Madison was president, things really started to get all wonky. Lincoln (as I have read since I left the Indoctrination camps of Public Education) was the worst and that really started things on a down hill run. Everything since then has only tipped the scales further towards Tyranny.

It brings me to a question though. This is a question asked of me after I left the Marines in '92. IF there were a revolution and you had say in what was to fill the vacuum created by ousting our current 'leaders': What kind of government would you attempt to put in place?

Should we re-attempt what the founders started? Should it be hybrid form of that endeavor? Elections being as blurry as they are, Should we attempt something completely obscure like Finite land mass(non adjustable of course) for districting? Or something even more radical? Lots of interesting thoughts can be brought up but I keep coming back to the original intent(principled Constitution establishing Defined limits of government). How to enforce it would have to be clearly defined. Unfortunately, the founders nailed it when they stated that a moral and principled people were a key to the success of that document. There are principled and moral people that make up this country, unfortunately, they aren't the majority.


K, nuff meandering over that thought line.
Seeing what I saw on Drudge today, It seems as if things are starting to escalate world wide. Speculation on the doings on Wall St is leaving some to question just how manipulated the whole Scheme really is.

Jennifer has a post up that, similar to mine above, only opens up more questions than it answers. It is an interesting thoughtline. Though not one that leaves a comfortable feeling afterwards.

I haven't been following the BP spill this week much. I figured it was something that, while an environmental mess, is also one that the PTB will utilize to cover up other things. Curiously though, the fact that there has been little updates in the MSM's leads me to believe that it may be worse 5000ft below the surface of the Gulf than is being let on. I haven't confirmed or found contradictory information on the floor collapsing over the reservoir. Null program at this point. About the only thing I could see, if that happened, would be minor Tsunami in the Gulf. The size of the Reservoir isn't large enough to raise or lower the ocean level significantly except temporarily and only locally.(and I am no scientist so I could be wrong.)

Well, It's time to crack open a cold one, sit on the porch and fend off flying vampires, and chill. Tomorrow I will listen to the talk radio to get a feel on the pulse of the nation. It may not be the most accurate but it is another viewpoint to consider when dowsing the current flow of trouble in the world.

5 comments:

Bill Nye said...

Dio,

There will be no need to concern ourselves with what type of government this nation will have in the future.

When the earth loses billions and billions of people, the correction in of it self will dictate the type of government we will have.

The human mind will be so shocked for many generations, I can guarantee you that the form of government will be more than adequate after the globe shakes off a few fleas.

Bill Nye said...

BTW,

Great post!

Diogenes said...

Thanks BW. funny how Stray thoughts can coalesce into something decent every once in a awhile.

Mayberry said...

I think Michael Boone has it right with local "chiefs", or "kinglets" I think he calls 'em. Voluntary association of course. Kinda like the Founders intended at the local level, the Sheriff being the top dog. They knew centralization equals tyranny...

Diogenes said...

I have to agree with the local chief idea. Heck, look at what is happening in Jamaica right now. Local chief gaining lots of local support while barricading himself and compatriots into neighborhoods against the local police.

Yeah, local always works better. There is a reason the founders gave the states more freedoms than the federal level and the people ultimate power. Too damned bad we pissed it away over the last century.