Thursday, May 20, 2010

Musical interlude.


I have been a bit in the dumps the last few days. Why lie about it. I am feeling like I belong in a different time period. One were, when things begin getting strange like they are, you move into a new wilderness and start things up the right way. A time like our original frontier days. Life was simpler, work was harder and the chances of success or failure were completely up you and the higher power.

Yes the work was harder: Hard work hasn't 'skeered' me off yet. What I hate is having to chase that almighty dollar to make things work. Begging for a job is inherently wrong, and yet, if you don't have a job, making it in this society is nearly impossible. There are so many regulations, statutes, mandates, etc, to keep an honest working person down. You can't grow a garden unless you have X amount of land. You can't raise any livestock unless you have X amount of land and your nearest neighbor is more than 1/2 mile away. You have to have a certain septic system, approved by the state, inspected by the local administration, installed by licensed installers, inspected again by the locals, etc etc etc. Failure to comply brings trouble your way. Pay the man, for the 'liberty' of living so you can work to pay the man. They get you coming and going and pretty much everywhere in the middle. By the time you have everything paid off, you have nearly nothing and have to work harder to pay yourself. Then they want to tax that too.

It's all a scam. And I just don't see a way out of it without collapse. The last couple of days have led me to be wishing for said collapse. Yes, it will be ugly, yes it will be deadly to many. Yes, its selfish of me to have those thoughts. SO WHAT! Maybe its time for those of us that know what the deal is, to be selfish. I know I have been doing everything I can to starve the beast. I am but one in 300 million on this continent. There are many (such as my Ex) that happily feed the beast, so long as they are left alone to enjoy the weed, TV, or whatever entertainment they derive from "liberty and happiness". That is their choice and I don't begrudge them that choice. I choose otherwise. I would rather work hard on my land for my own food, use my hands and mind to create whatever for sale for the things I can't produce myself.(Certain raw materials for the most part)

And yet, without retreating to the wilds of Alaska(slim but possible) or abandoning this country altogether(highly unlikely since there really isn't anywhere else to go) what is a body to do? You can ignore them all you want but they will arrive sooner or later with a gun in your face to make you comply. To retaliate at that time will lose you everything you have worked for if it doesn't kill you and yours.(Waco, Ruby Ridge)

Bring on the collapse so we can get on with regaining what was so flippantly given away in the name of security and safety by those to ignorant and lazy to understand what "LIBERTY" was all about.

3 comments:

chinasyndrome said...

Right the F*** on!In way I hate to see it,but in some ways I too am hoping for it,Hell many are.Probably the only way to escape this TYRANNY.

China
III

Diogenes said...

China, its hard to live of two minds like this as I am sure that you are aware. I really hate to see it come to violence but as I have stated elsewhere, Surgery is going to be the only way to remove the disease this country is infected with.

I realize that there is a very real possibility that something worse could take the place of what we have but I think the risk is worth it in the long run. There are enough that are knowledgeable of the founding principles that made this country what it was. I am sure that we/they could rebuild once the dust settled. I pray so anyway.

Shy Wolf said...

Only one word.
"Amen."
Shy III