Monday, May 30, 2011

Dangerous times

Don't get me wrong, even my thinking of late has been of the dangerous sort.

In more than one way, the Chinese have really managed to inflict one hell of a curse upon us AND manage to get us in deep debt to boot. (Not that I can blame them, the jackknobs on the hill are the spending freaks, and the electors that always run 'em back in office)

No, just cruzin through todays posts while thinking about some long lost friends and getting the general vibe of despair and downright "gonna fuck sumpin up".

I liken current events to a man made lake (since we made the damned mess as a species) You have water, sand, pebbles, and rocks. The water represents time and currents, sand; the masses. Pebbles; the Government lackys, and Rocks: the driven that pass all of this crap to those below them. Everything but the water is on the shore. That's where the life is. You take a handful of sand and toss it in the water (removing it from time/IE killing it.) and you barely get a ripple across the surface. Do the same with the pebble, and there are ripples slowly spreading outward. There is a rhythm to it when observed from above but at the surface, the ripples seem random and chaotic. Now toss in a rock. BIG splash, right? BIG ripples. LOTS of chaos.

Think about that for a minute.

The one that shot a cop in Texas this week has set up a small ripple in many communities. The III'pers. The Preppers, the LEO's and more than likely, the local Government to some extent. (they may not introduce a bill but you know damned well someone is coming up with something 'just in case'.) These ripples will spread out, lose energy, lose chaotic appearance until they are just another part of the general current on the surface of life. UNLESS, someone starts dropping more pebbles in along with the first. Then the ripples will continue, popping up elsewhere, cancelling out others here, being reinforced there. Just like standing waves in a concert hall. You get dead spots, then 5' away, you couldn't hear the Rapture trumpets blowing over the cacophony of noise from the PA.

Lets make some presumptions here, just for a minute. (and in no way am I advocating this, nor encouraging it: just throwing some thoughts out there. What a body does is that bodies business. NOT MINE. Disclaimer out) Say there is the current ripple, which has not run its course all the way yet. Say in the next two weeks, there are 3 or 4 more pebbles thrown in, adding to the ripple effect. Somewhere there will be a standing wave on the shore. This wave will disturb more sand than the original ripple. It may even be strong enough to disturb some Pebbles. It may even move enough pebbles that a rock shifts a bit. (remember the analogy lineup.) It won't be enough to displace a BIG rock, only a smaller one.

So 5 weeks down the road, there are a few more pebbles tossed in. Maybe even a handful of sand along the way. Each action will further disrupt the surface. Until suddenly, someone gets to feeling their Cheerios, and tosses in a rock. Suddenly, there are more than ripples on the surface, there are WAVES.

Do you follow what I am talking about?

Dangerous times indeed.


And I feel F.I.N.E.

Just remember.

3 comments:

Rich T said...

Could this be one of those rocks thrown...

There was a hail of rounds (just like Jose Guerena) sent that also wounded bystanders as well.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/30/2241990/police-gunmen-open-fire-on-south.html

Anonymous said...

Let it go. I'm already to the point of pure survival concerns. Laws? What do they mean? We have enough already to regulate what time one takes a #2. The small s#@% I'm not worrying about anymore. When it comes knocking on my door is when I'll arise. When there is so much corruption, the economy is about to fail, and war is being planned as the way out, what are local affairs but small (as you say)ripples? Threats (or threat of threats) to keep our minds off of the big picture. While I hate to see this happen to anyone, it is the perps that worry me more than the PTB passing some law that might or might not be obeyed. In the meanwhile, I'm not going to sweat the small, temporary stuff, don't you. Live life, be happy, prepare as if there is no tomorrow. For one day soon, there may not be.

Diogenes said...

Morning Rich, How do. :) As for that shooting in so. Beach, part of me thinks that was related to some gang activity of some sort. In relation to my post though, that could be one handful of sand tossed in. Small ripples but hardly enough to fire up standing waves.
Anon: Yes, I live my life day to day and try for the closest thing to happiness I can find. I will defend myself and mine from the maw of the beast even if in said defense, I lose all. At least I could stand tall when I meet St Peter and say, "I stood my ground".
The post was meant only as a thought experiment for those that are thinking about "making a little trouble"s. There are ways of making things explode as well as of ways to just adding a little gas on the fire. The law of unintended consequences is still in effect and I was trying to show how one event can accelerate or neutralize others. Caution must be utilized.