Friday, May 13, 2011

Dangit blogger!

Had a post up yesterday, and blogger ate it. No surprise really but it gets frustrating. Guess I need to go back to my old method of tapping out posts in Open Office before publishing them. That way, I have a good solid backup.

The post yesterday was about Profits and the scam on the hill with the Oil Companies.

It matters not where you stand on the issue, the scam is being played out to further class envy. If you side with the oil companies, you are bad. If you don't you are playing right into the hands of the agenda. I sat and listened to some of the arguments yesterday, both online and between mundano's at work. The whole mess is a hollow BS run on squeezing more money out of someone. Whether that plan gets the oil companies to cough up more tax revenue is irrelevant. If they do, guess what? They will just raise the price of fuel to compensate. They stated as much with straight faces. No bullshit, this is the way it is; "Fuck with us and everyone pays."

This was brought up at work today and I was able to see just how one sided my arguments were. You can't argue with uninformed or completely misinformed persons. You just can't do it. It's rather like taking an AT4 to the local turkey shoot. The end result is a few pissed off shooters and a lot of mess. No one wins.
My only consolation is that I know I am right.
One comment I made today shut down the argument quick though. Everyone was harping about the "level" of profit the CEO's are making. I asked if they thought that it was fair that they weren't making that kind of money? Of course the answer was that it was NOT fair. I then asked if they were willing to lay down their entire lives, sacrificing every waking moment and family to the task of earning that kind of money. And of course the answer was no. Well then, don't bitch, right?

AT4 at the turkey shoot. I may as well have pulled up to the argument in a Warthog with dual 20mm cannons and Javelins. The result would have been the same either way. Least to say, when things get tough, the taxes go up on the oil companies, and they are paying $10/gal for gas or diesel: I get to say "told ya so, asscracks" I know for a fact that if diesel hits $6/gal, they are cutting my department out of the business plan. OF COURSE that little tidbit of information was greeted with "yeah right, they need us too much".

If you can't explain simple business strategy to someone, explaining any other economic concept is like trying to teach a chimp how to do brain surgery (without a club or rock that is)


I give up on them, I really do.

Maybe its time to get the wheels and head for higher ground. Maybe Craig has the right idea with a boat. Today I feel like I am floundering in that sea of gelatinous fish shit that Craig so eloquently described.

Just like on the Titanic though, there are only so many lifeboats to go around. Someone is going down with the ship, period.

I would like to think I won't be one of those.

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

You will always win an argument with a brick wall, but it isn't very satisfying... Let them merrily go about their business in ignorance, and keep preparing for the gelatinous fish shit tsunami.

Spud said...

Think, wide open spaces boys. Only it would have to be american only these days. As our Gov. has ruined the name world wide, ugly americanism hasn't helped either. That's why I sold my boat, wasn't anywhere to go...

We do still have all that public land out west. Public means it's ours as citizens to use...I plan on it.

Unknown said...

Ugh, I wish we taught real economics and civics in school. I had a really good education and I still didn't learn much about that until I was out of a class room setting.