Tuesday, May 10, 2011

desilusionado

I wrote earlier that I was going to be coming back with something of a situation report.

I read about 'thwarted' hijackings, strange bags or boxes in major travel hubs and I think to myself, " the herd is paranoid now". And they are. Facts: 28,537 number of commercial flights per day.
and we have heard of what, 5 maybe as many as 10 incidents in the last week?
28537 Number of flights daily average.
10 Number of days since OBL was killed and the crazies have had time to do 'sumpin'.
15 I am being generous here, the number of incidents that may or may not be legit.

15/285370=5.2563X10(-5) or let me take that out of scientific notation. .0000052563% 1/500000th percent of all domestic flights. Damn dude, you'd better play the lottery, you have a better chance of hitting that then jumping on a flight supporting a terrorist activity. (well, maybe not the powerball ;P )

Seriously. I am just to the point of not giving a rats ass. Not one iota. I have more important shit on my table that needs attention. The fact that there are so many that freak right the fuck out over something that has that chance of probability (enough that they scream for further restrictions on ME dammit); really makes me wish for a Mother Nature/Darwinian moment for a large portion of my fellow man.

SO, is this just heightened awareness on the part of the flyers? Maybe. If so, good. Awareness will keep you alive (or if not you, at least a multitude of others). Situational awareness is one of the key points to surviving anything. Period. And also one of the least exercised skills amongst the majority of people.

Herd mentality.

I think our country would be much better off if we were able to develop "pack mentality" instead. Watch the wolves of Yellowstone and you will understand (if you don't already)

Individuallism is even better but there are just far too many that wouldn't 'get it'.

4 comments:

Tommy Atkins said...

You are Oh SO RIGHT!! You have a better chance of being struck by lightening that encountering a terra ist. What ever happened to "We have nothing to fear but fear itself." The Axis WAS a real actual threat, they could project force...(not as well as we could) I decided quite a while ago, that I just ain't gonna be skeert, no matter how much the blabbermouths tell me to be.

Adventures in Self Reliance said...

When among sheep be a wolf, Feeling sneaky be a coyote. Coyotes survive and thrive in all environments. There is a reason I picked Wil E. Coyote as an avatar. They are the ultimate in survival. They adapt and thrive. I can't think of better representation of a survivalist or prepper.

Anonymous said...

"Individualism is even better but there are just far too many that wouldn't 'get it'."

And I am just too damned tired to care about those people too! I have been individualistic all along anyhow. As far as coyotes are concerned, just ask the one that's hanging on that T post in my North 40. I prefer the wolf.

Diogenes said...

Wolves or Coyotes. Similar mental state. Adaptable, and self reliant.

The media plays all of the herd like a damned fiddle to help the PTB accomplish agendas. The real terrorist threat is not from without, but from within. AND not in the direction that the media and powers would like us to think. There will be a re-writing of the rules of conflict soon enough. There won't be any other way.