Sunday, May 22, 2011

T'aint no Obama Drama. (pt 3)

MOTIVATION: is the driving force by which we achieve our goals. Motivation is said to be intrinsic or extrinsic. The term is generally used for humans but it can also be used to describe the causes for animal behavior as well.

Break it down some. Some people are A types, others B types. A types like control, B types prefer order first. I am only going to go into the A's here.

Control. What kind of control? Well, in my case, since I know myself pretty well and can speak without question on the subject; like to have a very prominent amount of control. I don't like when things get out of my control but can deal with it. I don't like controlling others though. My world, my control (to the best of my ability). OTHERS though, like to have complete control. They want to have say in matters far out of their reach. These are the types that have been in power for a long time, will remain in power for a long time, and no matter how many pass the gates, there will be others waiting to fill those positions. Kings come to mind. Dictators come to mind. Presidents come to mind. Etc etc Ad nauseam. There will always be that type. The trick is getting the B's to accept something a bit more tempered.

In my side bar there is a vid called 'Political Spectrum explained'. It uses the right/left principle to explain the difference between Anarchy and Dictatorship and everything in the middle. Using that principle, look at the spectrum as control. Control of oneself on the right, control of others on the left. I lean hard right in the control spectrum. I lean right in the political spectrum without going towards complete anarchy. (the reason boils down to the B types that need the order of something less than full right)

Keep this in mind when you start looking at the motivation behind certain moves by individuals. Is the reasoning behind their actions motivated by Control right or control left? Most all of us are A types. We like to have control of something. My case is my tools, my forge, my ideas, most of all, my life. Look at Mayberry: He wants control of a boat. Bill: Control of his AO for comfort for his family.(not leadership, just good planning for the future.) All of us would very much prefer that others leave well enough alone in our controls. We don't need some "Big Sis" to tell us how to walk a line. We don't need some papered B-crat to tell us that we can't dig a trench or till a certain weed under "because its protected". We understand our surroundings, know how and what we can do that will maximize our needs without sacrificing others needs ((for the most part)) and prepare for alternatives beyond our control.

Sadly the B types outnumber us. (read part2 about ARII)

So, what is motivating you?

What is motivating the self appointed leaders of the movement? Yes, I think that many of the 'leaders' are self appointed, only held in place by some that don't question intents. (read part 1 again)

Why are we not motivated to turn the tables on what ails this country?

One point was mentioned by T.L. Davis the other day and I personally think it is the real motivation for NOT doing anything. I guess you could say "self preservation" is that answer. Are we done talking yet? I hope not, but then, what if we did, just like I mentioned previously? Do you think the admin would start accelerating the already racing engine, or would they suddenly put the brakes on, just to slow down and have a look-see?


I won't quit posting. I can't shut up about this crap, no matter how sick in the gut it makes me. I am hoping that T.L. doesn't either as he has viewpoints we all need at times. The same with the rest of you out there. Don't stop, no matter how you feel about it. Shift gears, cover something else for a bit, but stay motivated to say something, anything, no matter what.

Until we go silent as a group, that is.

We need a course of action, we need a plan that can capture the minds of those not awake yet. But I am no leader, I can only advise. Until we 'get it together', we are just farts in the wind to amuse the "leaders".

I don't care what the leaders think: I know my desire to control my world is at direct odds to their desires and THAT is what will 'motivate' some shit-storm down the line. This isn't about Obama, this isn't about Race, this isn't about anything but a desire to be a human being and living life the way God intended.


And that wraps up my uber-post today.

6 comments:

Mayberry said...

Amen Brother. Dammit Dio, you need to get your ass down to Texas. At least there's three of us who know what's going on. One more couldn't hurt!

Spud said...

Only three Craig ? I'm sure that there are more. They as T.L. stated are just in self preservation mode.

Dio, I like you am mostly "A", yet don't have any desire to lead. Nor do I like to be lead. I'm way too harsh for most folks...

Rob D.

Bill Nye said...

James,

Spot on brother spot on!! I agree with Craig, get your ass in gear and get down here to Texas. Thanks again for your work and your kind words.

Diogenes said...

Thanks for the Kudos guys, I just want to keep trying to get through to people even if it is just regurgitation at times.

Texas is way tempting with only one issue, the ties that bind and gag: Family. I am the only one that wants to go and while my little ones are a growing (Granbehbie) I really don't want to roll, not yet anyway. I will be down at some point for a visit and a beer: Bill and I are gonna kidnap Craig and steal a boat for the weekend LOL just kiddin.

More info forthcoming on said visit via emails, just not yet.

Anonymous said...

Well, you can see that Texans like your style. I've been preaching to you for a while now, to no avail. But then I certainly understand your reasons for wanting to stay put. You'll get here. It might just take a little while longer. Three or four Texans can't all be wrong. Besides, we're going to need all of the good hands we can get. Californians need not apply. :)

Toaster 802 said...

I here yah. I see things to post about, but when I look around and see the abject sloth and stupidity, I am starting to say the hell with it and go back to the garden. Not so much for any sort of preservation, just because I am sick of it all.

I see the sparks out there however. Like firefly signals, I know I am not alone. Let it be know you are not alone.

Semper Fi