Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not Playin 'round no'mo

When a body finds that they are, without a doubt, captured or enslaved, what do ya do????

Really you only have two options but there is a third one that takes patience.

Option one: Accept your chains, be the slave
Option two: Rattle your chains, make trouble, be a thorn in the master's side with potential retaliation that will eventually end in your 'ultimate freedom', IE death. (Remember that the old slave songs are about freedom in heaven but rarely in life?)

Then there is the third option. This is the one that's actually a compromise of a sort.
Option three: Pretend compliance while you quietly assemble the means to cut said chains.
I guess you could say that I am actively in option three at this point.
Some would say that my ripping up an old piece of rail with a grinder is a waste of time. There are some that would say my attempts at building a stirling motor are a fools dream. There are those that think my sitting on the porch with my mind turned inward or focused strongly on a book in my lap are simple acts of laziness
Nope, none of the above. I am a very obsessive person. I have (in my opinion) a mild case of Obsessive Compulsive disorder. I focus on projects or issues with an intensity that scares hell out of some people. Maybe its the Marine in me.
Maybe it is an actual disorder. Don't know, don't care: its a part of what makes me, ME. Intense is only one aspect of my personality. Another side of that is being a serious introvert. Yup, introvert, you read that correctly. I don't bond easily, nor do I enjoy crowds.(funny coming from someone that used to mix live bands in front of audiences. Front of house is a great way to see the show, have room to move and still be a part of the action. Introverts do real well like that) I self-reflect endlessly. I am my OWN worst critic without fail. One simple comment from a friend and I immediately start to reassess my actions and statements from day one to see if I am at fault. I do this long before I start pointing fingers at others. (remember, when you point at someone, there are three fingers pointing right back at you and they are yours, none other)

Recent trends within the spheres, political, blogs, net in general, what not; have led me to go silent on my thoughts other than to state that I won't be held prisoner in my own world any longer. I will build my place to the best of my ability WITHOUT permissions. I will get my shop setup so that I can cut the chain of dependence on a fiat economy. I will have my own power sources that stretch the imagination back to the 1800's and will love every minute of it.

Am I a slave. Yup, for now. There is one slavery I won't fight though and that is slavery to myself and my goals. If that means I have to abide by some rules “to get along” for now, so be it.
But I won't be a slave for long. Even if that means I have to go mobile.(and that thought is in my head)
I am not playing anymore. This is all serious, even if I don't post seriously.

As posted in comments over at the Cliffs of Insanity.
Seems to me that if the cops are at the door....you might as well start shooting. You can forget a 'fair trial' and you can forget not having evidence 'manufactured'.

Sean
I am done playing. I won't go quietly, and you can forget Miranda rights (actually, they already have. No one is innocent until proven guilty. It's up to us to prove innocence which is 180 degrees from the intentions of the founders)

This is all serious. I won't go quietly. And I will do my outright damnedest to take as many with me as possible to thin the herd for the next target.

BUT, I am not going to go out and jump in front of a bus either. Bring it or don't, I won't go hunting for trouble.



For though it has been forgotten by men of our time, it was known then that a man only possesses those rights he can defend by force.
Not everyone has forgotten this Very Basic Tenet of living. (and there are hundreds more links just like those, and all represent someone that believes in individuality.)

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

Seems to me that "OCD" is a common trait amongst those of us who hold quality above quantity. Which is why "OCD" is a "mental disorder" in this mass CONsumption world. Fuck them, "OCD" is what allowed sailing ships to cross the Atlantic in one piece. They had to be perfect. Those that were not are resting on the bottom somewhere along the way...

Spud said...

I have found that there is no such thing as perfection. Only the attempt towards that goal, is possible.
An anvil from a chunk of R.R.iron ?
equals an attempt thereof...

Good stuff Maynard.

Bill Nye said...

Dio,

Damn fine piece, damn fine indeed!!!!