Friday, May 27, 2011

False alarm?

Not 100% certain what the hell is going on but something is definitely NOT right. I double and tripled checked my settings in firefox, no changes anywhere. Cleared Cache and Cookies, even went so far as to clear recent history out MANUALLY, just in case. No change. Still can't log in through firefox. Did the command line thing, flushed DNS, renewed my IP lease (set to renew hourly anyway) and had the router reset my address.(obviously not my MAC but I was starting to consider a MAC spoofer, again, just in case)
Then, on a whim, decided to try logging in via IE (spit, cough, double spit)

Voila! I am in.

OK BLOGGER, WTF??? over. Why is Firefox suddenly compromised? Or should I get in touch with Mozilla and see if its on their end.

Dunno, but I am going to do another once through, then reboot (AGAIN!) and see if Firefox holds my settings. If it does, I will try again. Update soon, I hope.


Addendum: 5 minutes later, all is well. I hate blogger. I hate browser cookies, I hate computers some days too.

Time for a beer. Sheesh.

3 comments:

Spud said...

Most days, I hate computers too.

Give me stone knives and axes, and I can rebuild the world.

Mayberry said...

I had the same problem with Blogger and the Opera browser. Never could fix it. My Firefox hasn't given me any problems...

Howie Honky said...

Ever try the SRWare "Iron" browser - uses the google-type 'chrome' engine but offers privacy, at least as much as F-fox, etc. Between that and the IX Quick search tool's proxy feature, fairly secure but still access almost anything. Free stuff; worth a try.